Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agemax!!!

Wow!

An old thread...and I'm diggen' that white GS as well!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

chuck there used to be blue prints sold for building wooden bike lifts.
      i actually had one and it was awesome.
      when you rolled the bike up so far the table would lower in the front and the tail would hinge under the rear and that was that.
      had a tube wheel chalk and 2 i bolts on the front for straps.
      it came from a bike shops in the 80's...i sold it for 100 bucks i think..
      still have one handy lift but it's a GD animal if you want to transport it.
      wish i had sold the handy and kept the wooden one for what little i do now a days...oh well..

Comment

I have the $500 special from Princess Auto... for our Yankee friends, Princess Auto is pretty much the same as your Harbor Freight.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
          chuck there used to be blue prints sold for building wooden bike lifts.
          i actually had one and it was awesome.
          when you rolled the bike up so far the table would lower in the front and the tail would hinge under the rear and that was that.
          had a tube wheel chalk and 2 i bolts on the front for straps.
          it came from a bike shops in the 80's...i sold it for 100 bucks i think..
          still have one handy lift but it's a GD animal if you want to transport it.
          wish i had sold the handy and kept the wooden one for what little i do now a days...oh well..
          From your description. Did you mean something like this?

Found them at:

The kind you put your motorcycle on ... There are so many great ideas out there. This moto bench has a built in tilt ramp. Very professional looking. This is unique. Kept it simple. These two have storage underneath.
          Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
          1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

the 1st picture is similar..
            the ramp on mine locked against the stand and the floor once the bike was more over center and almost rolled into the wheel chock.
            it had perfect balance on the hinged area's and some hard azz wood.
            it was old when i sold it and still rock solid.
            the blue prints was for sale pre-internet in the back of bike mags..

Comment

Originally posted by ozman View Post
              All i can say is it was cheap !!
              Is that a RG Gamma on the milk crate?
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

This is my lift.... It makes getting older, easier
                Attached Files
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

that's a handy lift...lol
                  these are around a grand now a days.
                  when i was buying them dealer price was a little over 500.00 with freight.
                  not fun to load in a truck and move around...but the best lift made IMO.

Comment

I have this

and this worked well, while in the house, and before the wheels went on....

now I just use the center stand.....

I wish I had a proper lift......

Comment

Here's my simple stand.

This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Comment

I made this a couple years ago. 30 inches wide, about 9 feet long. Easy to get a bike on and raises 38 inches. Heavy square tubing and 3/4 inch bolts at the pivot points. I've had a trike on and climbed on it as well working on the trike. It is so strong it resists paint!!

Comment

Basic same lifting principle I used on mine. Got a good laugh out of the "resists paint".
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Not quite done yet. But I am chuffed.

I have been wanting a lift for some time.

I started with chuck hahn's design and built it up with some recommendations from the responses to his posting.

Thanks Chuck.

Today I have to put finishing touches to it. Screw the top in place, make pin-locks for two of the legs, etc.

The pics make it look sleek but closeup it's very medieval.

So far 3 days work. $260 in lumber. When finished it will be 8'L×39"W×28"H. Capacity unknown. It will lift the lawn tractor and snowblower before I commit the GK to it.

The cylinder I got from my engine hoist as it was not busy right now. The ramps I will use are free. They were left in the shed by the previous owner of the house.
                            Last edited by Highway_Glider; 01-27-2015, 12:10 PM.
                            Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
                            1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Where's the other 200$ in lumber? Seriously, the lumber in the pic cost 260$?
                              It does look well made in any case,nicely done.

1978 GS1000C
                              1979 GS1000E
                              1980 GS1000E
                              2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Where's the other 200$ in lumber? Seriously, the lumber in the pic cost 260$?
                                It does look well made in any case,nicely done.
                                With all the lumber in Canada you think it would be cheap,it ain't

Comment

Working...
                                X