No announcement yet.

77 GS750 dies with lots of throttle off idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, great Steve. Good to know about hammering the throttle like that, and also how to test w/ small blips. Before (when I had the needle in the highest position), it responded normally to small blips. Now it seems to hang and fall slowly, indicating a lean condition.

Are those small blips affected much by the needle position, or mostly the pilot circuit? I've got my screws rather far out from what you're saying, but it's still lean.

Comment

Oh, I should mention something else too-- I've got the replacement o-rings and hex screws for the intake boots, but I haven't been able to get the boots off in 3 separate attempts with an impact driver (hammer kind) and PB Blaster. I'd torch them but I don't want to buy $100 boots. I've just made much larger phillips slots in those screws :/. I'm sure I've likely got an air leak there. Any helpful ideas?

Comment

Any ideas on how to make or where to find a super short (1" long) screwdriver to be able to adjust those fuel screws while the carbs are on the bike? That would make this process quite a bit easier!

Comment

Tool store?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks, guys. Got it running much better now. I got my new 122.5 jets a few days ago and put them in last night. Set the fuel screw to 1 1/8 turns out, needle at 4th position, and those 122.5 mains. Runs much better! Acceleration is now nice and linear throughout the throttle range.

Comment

Working...
            X