No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot ! I hate the big C. Been dealing with it directly for 5 years through the Wifey & Mom. Good news is they're both still here kicking like a couple horses. Ditto on the +++vibes !! I think it makes all the difference. You have the attitude to beat this hands down. Good luck Tom.....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Tom, my prayers for you to be healed.

Comment

Tom, I was sorry to hear of your illness and wish you well in beating it. As the others mention, with the diagnosis to this point, things seem to be in your favour. I'm also sure your docs have an aggressive plan of action and I'd encourage you to put your faith in their abilities .
        Keep a strong positive attitude and you will overcome. We will keep pulling for you and will follow your journey if you care to share.

Cheers and best wishes for speedy and complete recovery my friend.
        Spyug

Comment

Dan told us about this on the way back from the rally this weekend. We were of course stunned. I'm glad to hear you have a positive attitude. We're all here supporting you and praying for you.

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

To a genuinely good guy and highly respected GS'er...
            My prayers are with you Tom. You're gonna be okay and beat this.
            If there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Tom,

Just found this as I've not been around the GSR as much as usual in the last little while. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and wish you nothing but the best.

I've only met you once but that was enough to know you are a good guy and a friend.
              Last edited by Wallowgreen; 10-05-2010, 11:10 PM.
              It's smoke that make electronic components work.
              Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
              '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
              '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
              '82 GS1000SZ
              '82 GS1100GL
              '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Tom. Have courage!

Comment

Love and prayers sent your way Tom. Prayer and a positive attitude can do wonders.

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you from here bud. Take care.

Comment

I just had to add, AGAIN; You people are a wonderful group, and that I'm proud to be a family member!

Tom;... Picture that tumor getting smaller and smaller...We are.!!!
                      pmint

Comment

Tom, keep up the excellent attitude. I love you, man, and I know you are going to lick this! I am only few miles away and we are going to get some miles in soon. Whatever and wherever you want, I AM THERE!

-Bob

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                        Funny (that I would start out such a dire post with an amusing thought). I'm 53 years old, and have never been seriously sick in all my life. I have little experience with hospitals. Never a broken bone. Heck, I still have my appendix AND tonsils. So how ironic, the first time I have a medical challenge, it's gotta be the fight of my life.

The good news (and there's plenty of it), is I think we're still early. I know we're still on a learning curve, and more tests are needed. But it looks like it hasn't spread yet. All the imaging, blood tests, urine tests, stool tests show nothing of concern on other organs. I think they haven't covered all the bases yet. I will find out more on my next appointment.

More good news is I have a great deal of confidence in my medical team. The VA Hospital in Palo Alto, in close association with Stanford Medical. Best in the world, I'm told. All my doctors are Stanford staff. And all my imaging and test results are being reviewed at Stanford. There is comfort in that.

That's not to say I will not seek a second opinion. In fact, I have a call pending with Cancer Treatment Center of America, in Phoenix. I'm sure they will need to see the reports from the VA, and maybe I will need to fly down to spend a few days with them. So Patti, I may be in your territory soon!

Still more good news is the overwhelming love and support I'm getting from all my friends. Including everyone here. Most of whom I've never even met. I do believe in the power of prayer, and I feel them all. No doubt it fuels my confidence gives me strength. Although I'm facing the toughest challenge I could ever have, I know there's an army behind me. That should be enough to scare off any foe!

I'm gonna beat this thing!

Is there bad news? Well sure, it's CANCER. But I refuse to dwell on the negative. Every day there are more success stories of cancer survivors. I plan to add my testimonial.

Bruce & Beth, what can I say? You are the most compassionate and unselfish people I have ever met. Anyone here who has met them will back me up on that. Bruce, you are truely my best friend. I'm glad you have my back. And you know there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. Save me a spot in the garage, b'cuz I will be back in the saddle and ready to share the road with you.

Dan...uhh...thanks.

Bill, are you kidding? I'm gonna take full advantage of this. You know Beth will insist I have the guest bedroom from here on out.

To everyone else. Friends I have and have not met. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. I will win this fight. There are still many rally's in my future. I'm looking forward to sharing the road with all of you.

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Bob! Let's get a ride in b'for the weather get's bad. Who knows? Once I start treatment I may be too weak, or recovering from surgery, or even worse. My helmet might be too loose if I lose all my hair!

Comment

Tom,

Thinking of you. I'm glad to hear there is some positive news in your early exams.

As I recall, you don't have that much hair to loose, besides there is allways a beanie hat. So ride.

Keep us posted.

Charlie G
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I just got off the phone with Tom. He went to the doctor today for a follow-up. It is his doctor's opinion that due to the location of the tumor, it cannot be dealt with surgically, and radiation is not an option either. So Tom will be starting chemotherapy treatments on Friday. He of course will also be seeking a second opinion to insure that everything possible is being done.

Tom is strong and healthy, and this will certainly give him the edge for licking this. Please keep your prayers and positive vibes flowing.

Tom, time to kick some ASS!!! I've got your back, buddy!!
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Tom,

Keep the PMA going, Pal! My father-in-law went through every chemo session (except one) with no ill effects - he even went out to dinner after almost every one ... We'll be keeping positive energy flowing your way!!

Feel good, Buddy!!!!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X