No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm praying for him. Sounds like he's giving it a run for it's money....
    Kick that sh*t Tom...And if you don't believe in Miracles, how do you ever expect to get one?
    I believe in miracles, and I've often been the recipient of miracles...
    Street bike at 15, twins at 17...and lived to be sixty a couple months ago.

I for sure never thought I'd live this long .And here it is...right in my face 60 years I've been on this earth, and like I said, I've had more than my share of miracles.
    Keep the Faith and kick out any bad thoughts that want to bug you.
    Stay and remain one of God's children, would ya?
    We're counting on it!
    pmint

Comment

Newest update tonight from Lynda:

"Yay, Tom's blood counts were good--in fact, higher than expected--and he was able to get his chemo today. He's finished his course of antibiotics and feels awesome. He continues to have a great appetite and is up to 168 lbs. His CAT scan is this coming Monday. He has a routine check-up with the doctor on Tuesday and hopefully will have the results of the scan by then. Here's hoping for great news! Way to go, Tom!!!!

Reminder--Tom's planning on attending Kathy's Step class this Sunday--San Jose Express, 8:30 am. Hope to see you there!"

Comment

Thanks for the update Steve. Great news for sure!
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Apparently Tom took part in a step class over the weekend (with a few rests for good measure), and is now up to 171 pounds! Things continue to move in the right direction - Go Tom!!!

Regards,

Comment

Excellent news Tom....keep it coming!

Its starting to shape up for a great Christmas...yeah

cheers,
            Spyug

Comment

Tom! My absolute apologies for not seeing this earlier. It filtered to the top and I just noticed it. I missed it originally back in October because my wife just came out of surgery for a Hysterectomy then and I wasn't on here for a while. Don't worry, it was pre-cancerous, she's tough and has recovered almost 100%. I'm really glad to see you're doing well. I haven't gone through the entire thread yet but will tonight. Best wishes to you for a great Christmas. Make this one special Bud. Check your email.
              '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Tom dude you look like a million bucks in that pic though you are doubtless a little worse for wear and tear.

All the bes t now and in the new year.

Comment

Tom,
                  I can't help but feel real positive about your 'challenge'...
                  Hope YOU have a very sweet Christmas, filled with lots of laughter and smiles.
                  I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow...on the big bird...to be with all the grand kids, so I'll check the computer when I come back.
                  Love ya,
                  pmint

Comment

Thinking of you Tom. Take care!

cg
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks everyone, for the continued love and support. What a blessing you all are. You keep me focused on winning the fight. I'm not ready to call it quits yet!

News on the CT scan from Monday. The word the doctors are using is "stabilized". That means the tumor has not grown or spread to other parts of the body. But it hasn't gotten any smaller either. There is much hope and good new in this. After 5 rounds of chemotherapy, the tumor is basically in check. Keeping in mind that it had grown to the size of a ping pong ball without anything to stop it, then halting its progression is indeed a victory.

I still feel strong, and remain hopeful. Other than the side affects of the chemo, I'm doing well. Better than I expected. And determined to live my life as normal as possible. Today I'm traveling to Phoenix for the Christmas holiday. I refuse to let this cancer keep me down.

Looking forward, I have a few winter projects to tackle on my corral of GS's. Enough to keep my busy until spring. Then I'll be ready to hit the road again. Maybe this year I'll finally talk someone into riding the PCH with me.

God Bless everyone, and have a Merry Christmas.

Tom

Comment

Have a good one Tom. Eat plenty of Turkey. Its been like reverse weight watchers following your progress here! Seems like a busy year for me next year but Maybe PCH is possible.... Dan
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

From one Cancer fighter to another, All the best to you and yours Tom! Scott
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks Tom. Hmmm.....PCH. Will be watching for that thread.
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you and your family Tom. Keep up the good fight. We still got to go for a ride someday.

Comment

Tonight's update from Lynda:

"Tom returned from Phoenix today, having spent Christmas there with his family. No problems with the flights at all. He felt great, had fun, ate a lot, and gained 5 pounds (now 169). Next chemo will be delayed a week due to the holidays--scheduled date is Jan 7."

Comment

Working...
                                X