Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Planecrazy Guest

Lynda's latest update, earlier tonight:

"I talked to Tom briefly just now (6 pm)--he was able to get his chemo today. He was still at the VA and Nami was just picking him up. Mighty long day--and no more World Series to watch like last time. So far, so good, and he will see you all tomorrow!!!"

KEITH KRAUSE is offline Forum Guru Charter Member
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter
    Angeles Forest, So.Calif./Hurricane, Utah.

Thanks for the update. What's the "Step up for Tom" meet? I didn't read anything more about it than the brief mention earlier.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Quote Originally Posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
    Thanks for the update. What's the "Step up for Tom" meet? I didn't read anything more about it than the brief mention earlier.
    Here's another thread I started, and some info on the event:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=168322
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Thanks Bruce. I hope the day goes well!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Planecrazy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by renobruce View Post
    Here's another thread I started, and some info on the event:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=168322
    Thanks for linking that, Bruce!

Regards,

Planecrazy Guest

Fundraising Event Update from Lynda, last night:

"Hi Everyone--
    The fundraiser today was a great success, just judging from the fabulous turnout. Elaine, Donna, and I would like to thank you soooo much for financing our trip to Las Vegas!! Ha ha. Just kidding.
    When I say turnout, I mean people who attended, people who bought raffle tickets, people who donated raffle prizes, people who made donations--some of whom don't even know Tom--the fabulous instructors, and all the volunteers.
    I'll let you know the final total as soon as we tally up everything.
    Thanks to everyone who made this an awesome day. You all really Stepped Up For Tom!!! Wasn't it great to see him, even taking classes and teaching, too! And also Nami, who is Tom's No. 1 supporter.
    Lynda"

Tom MLC Guest

Keith, the Step Up event was promoted mostly on facebook. The theme of Step Up for Tom is a reflection of my job as a group exercise instructor. For the past 8 years I have been an aerobic instructor. And a pretty good one, judging from the turnout yesterday. I have always been a coach, mentor, motivator for the many, many members who have taken my classes. Yesterday they came out to give back to me.

Everyone knows I'm in the midst of a very tough fight. The fight of my life. All the encouragement, love and prayers are helping to fuel my will to win this fight. I will be a survivor.

I haven't been spending a lot of time around here lately. So I want to add a big thank you to GSR members who have gifted me through my PayPal account. It's amazing how we can be so compassionate and caring. I am truely humbled. Every little bit helps as the medical bill are biginning to trickle in. Insurance will cover most, but not all.

God Bless all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Tom

Here's some nice pics from the fund raiser event held for Tom:

http://flickr.com/gp/jentang06/H70A12

Tom,

As always, it was great talking with you last night and sharing some laughs. And I'm glad to hear the strength and positive attitude in your voice. Keep up the good fight, my friend. You are well on your way to putting this challenge behind you.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Planecrazy Guest

Update from Tom's fundraiser (you can still donate directly to Tom through Paypal at infinami at earthlink dot net (email purposely mis-typed to throw off spammers) - Clicking on the link will take you directly to Paypal - you'll still have to login and type in his email correctly to send him money):

"Here is a summary of all that went on. Some people have asked for it, so they can share it with others. Lynda

STEP UP FOR TOM – Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Step Up For Tom fundraiser was organized by Tom Murphy's friends who wanted to support his cancer challenge. When Tom was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, countless people asked how they could help. Since he teaches Step and other classes, his friends and colleagues wanted to Step Up For Tom.

The response was overwhelming and the fundraising event was a wild success, with a grand total of $5300 raised. Over 100 people attended the event. There were many others who were unable to be there but made donations and bought raffle tickets. Some supporters don't even know Tom but were moved to donate after hearing his story. All of this was possible with the caring and generous outpouring of those who stepped up to donate, recognize, and support Tom Murphy. Tom is a man who is a fighter with immense courage, strength, and a caring heart. Through fitness and friendship, he has made a difference with his coaching, encouragement, and motivation. Tom showed he hasn't lost his teaching mojo during Kathy Yokota's Step class. He and his wife, Nami, even took some of the classes!
    All proceeds raised from the event will help defray any treatment and living expenses. Donations are non-tax deductible.

HEARTFELT THANKS

Special recognition and appreciation to Nanci Mora, the owner of Core Fitness Studio, for graciously offering the use of her wonderful facility. With her support, guidance, and generosity, Step Up For Tom became a successful reality! Thank you, Nanci! We also want to acknowledge Antoinette Gemo and Kristin Teter of 24-Hour Fitness for their help and support.

So many in the exercise-fitness community offered to volunteer their time and energy to teach some of the most popular classes around. Thank you Joel Aldape (Yoga), Debbie Chrisman (Body Sculpt), Lil Cottrell and Dianne Hill (Body Pump), Veronica Garrido (Turbo Kick Boxing), Lollo Hill (Yoga), Chris Mitchem (Double Step) ,Veronica Presedo-Floyd (Zumba) and Kathy Yokota (Step).

THANKS A MILLION TO RAFFLE DONORS

With gratitude, we want to thank the generous donors who donated outstanding prizes valued over $1,500 for the raffle drawing: Anonymous donors for $100 cash, $25 gift cards (to Starbucks, See's, Barnes & Noble), Patty Osuga, Gloriane Hirata, Jean Suzuki, Donna Mar, Nanci Mora (owner of Core Fitness), the Gruber Family, Miruna Vlad (DDS), Kazoo Restaurant, Cascal Restaurant, Anna Comstock, Shelley Ash, Karen Campbell, Lollo Hill, Nancy Otomori, Kikusushi Restaurant, Cindy Cooper/Susan Alden, Ana Crump, 24-Hour Fitness, Avio Vineyards, Nails A-1, & e Salon.
    KUDOS TO THE VOLUNTEERS
    The following helping hands made for a smooth and successful event: Antoinette Gemo, Leigh Monichon, Najwa Salame, Jane Chen, Diane Sanchez Costello, Tricia Severetti and daughter Sara, Diane Vanitegem, Toni Alleyn, Jenny Tang, Carolyn Freitas, Cindy Cooper, Linda Fong-Baker, Yvonne O'Connell, Judy and Dave Sugish, & Linda Pence. Many thanks to Jenny Tang for also handling the big task of the Facebook postings.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST
    Words can't describe each and everyone's generosity, kindness and friendship. None of this could have been possible without the help & support of each and every one of YOU! Tom is sincerely grateful and humbled by this outpouring of love and support--people giving back to him for the impact he's made on their lives.

Elaine Valdez, Donna Mar, & Lynda Ellingson
    Co-Organizers"

Last edited by Planecrazy; 11-23-2010 at 07:09 PM.

GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Tom, Bruce, Steve...thanks for the info, pics and the updates.
    Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
    Prayers sent your way Tom on a constant basis.