Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Lynda:

Tom just found out the results of last week's CA19-9 test--the tumor marker. It is 79!!! Anything from 0 to 34 or 35 is considered normal!!! Remember, it was 251 in December.
    When he goes in for his chemo this Friday, he will ask the doctor what this means exactly--even though the tumor isn't shrinking, is it now dormant or dying or what?

Also, he now weighs 177.

Tom's hard work in this tough battle is paying off. Also, this is a testament to the power of love, prayers, and energy from family & friends. GOOD WORK, EVERYONE!!!!

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I have been away from the forums for a few weeks now (very crazy life these days), with several more crazy weeks to go. I'll be out of town a lot in the next few weeks and not regularly checking in. My apologies for having missed posting several "Tom updates" during that time. I signed on tonight to post the great news Bruce just posted, so was glad to see it had already gone up!

Way to go, Tom!!! I will try to be more on top of things, but appreciate anyone else posting Lynda's updates if they see I haven't gotten to it yet.

Regards,

Comment

Good news, and good work, Tom. Your strength and perseverance are an inspiration.
        1978 GS1000 http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...6/P1010050.jpg

Comment

Great news! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work Tom!
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Tonight's quick update from Lynda:

"Tom continues to feel great and look good. He's working really hard at his job and will be having meetings regarding a big new project coming up.

He'll go to the hospital this Friday and hopefully get his chemo this time. It'll be four weeks since the last time. He'll also get more info. regarding his options--more chemo and/or radiation and/or surgery. He has an appointment to see the radiation oncologist on Feb. 11."

Comment

Just wondering how things are going.
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

My apologies for being remiss once again on the updates. Lots of stuff going on in my life (created a job for myself in the "professional sector" and have been ramping up to begin work, while still performing my duties as "Mr Mom"). There have been several "Tom Updates" over the last month or so, almost all very very good news! He has had several scans which all held positive news, and he has maintained or even gained weight, and remained active!

Here is the last update from Lynda, about a week ago:

"Tom had the gold seeds placed today via the endoscopy. Unfortunately, he kept waking up and gagging during the procedure and had to be re-sedated. But, at least, it's done. One of the reasons for the PET scan next week is to see if the seeds are in place. The radiation is scheduled for April 4 through 8. Tom's next regular appointment at the VA Oncology Clinic is March 25, and he'll probably get another chemo treatment at that time.

Tom's maternal grandfather died this past Monday at the age of 94. He had dementia and was under hospice care in Phoenix. Sincere condolences to Tom and his family.

Fortunately, Nami's family in Japan is safe from the earthquake since they live far enough away from the epicenter. Such a horrible tragedy. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this, especially any of you in this e-mail group.

Lynda"

Comment

Thanks Steve.
                  The whole world is such a mess lately I wonder if there's enough prayers to go around. One day at a time I guess.

Comment

Tonight's update from Lynda:

Tom had his PET Scan at Stanford today. The Scan itself took about 50 minutes, and the remainder of the appointment was spent doing the prep work for the radiation (April 4-8). They made a mold of his head, neck, shoulders, & back and tattooed little dots on his front (alignment markers). For the radiation, he just lies down on the mold, and the dots mark where to aim the radiation. The gold seeds absorb the radiation and continue to emit the radiation even after the "zapping" has stopped. Pretty cool.

At the VA Oncology Clinic, they checked his blood work. His platelet and white cell counts are good, so he will go in next Tuesday for another 6-hour chemo. infusion. Today, they also drew blood for the tumor marker; he hopes to get those results on Tuesday.

This weekend, he's supposed to be working on his taxes (friendly reminder for us all) but might take a break and show up for Kathy's Step class at SJ Express on Sunday, 8:30. One of the last times SJX will be open. In case you don't know, they are closing down this location on April 15--seems quite fitting that this is also income tax day. :-(

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Hope things are going well Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                          Hope things are going well Tom.
                          Thanks for thinking of me, Keith. Things are going well. Very well, in fact. Maybe that's why it's been so quiet around here.

I continue to exceed all expectations. Doctors at the VA hospital and at Stanford are impressed with my progress. I have gone from "incurable", to maybe beating this thing.

Radiation treatment was completed on Friday. Now I get a break for a month before returning to chemotherapy on May 20th. With the tumor having reduced to a remnant, and blood tests near normal, I hope to soon be on a monitoring schedule. Meaning I will return for scans every 3 months. I am so ready for this.

In the mean time, I continue to do the things I want to do. Which means riding my motorcycle! There's a classic motorcycle show next month at Infineon Raceway. My GS1000C will be entered. RenoBruce will be there with one of his steeds as well. Then comes the rally in July. More roads to ride.

We're winning the battle, but the war is not over. Still fighting every day.

Comment

Hey Tom,

Haven't heard hide nor hair of how your doing. Youv'e been in my thoughts. Glad to hear your doing well.

Charlie G
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Good for you Tom. Keep that positive attitude going and live life to the fullest every day.

Comment

Hello Tom,
                                Sorry I don`t know you but I`ve been thru the battle with my mom. Glad to here your doing better. Keep fighting and keep riding. Both will make you better. My prayers are with you. SHINEY SIDE UP! RUBBER SIDE DOWN!
                                sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                                1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Working...
                                X