Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of you Tom!! Great, great news!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Great news Tom and I'm glad to hear it. I sure hope you and the wife have a real good dinner/night out together because you two deserve it.

But please do us all a huge favor? Make sure you keep every one of those appointments and stay positive. Do everything needed to stay in remission (is that what they are calling it?) so you won't be surprised later.

I say this because I had a boss several years ago who was in her early 20s. She was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer and did everything she needed to include surgery. She responded to the treatments and fortunately went into remission. Unfortunately, about four months later the cancer returned with a vengeance. I really wished she had been able to find a cure but at least she lived life to the fullest.

I know this is not your case and before I get flamed please don't think I feel this will happen to you. I just hope you and the doctors have a real good long term plan to make sure this is beat FOREVER. I'm praying for you and wish you the best.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Tom,

I know from you telling me how hard this challenge has been for you. But you have kept on fighting and you have believed that you can win this fight. And look what has happened. I am so proud of you! You are my hero for sure.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. They have helped in a miracle.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Tom, this news from you is better than ANY birthday gift I could hope for!!! Ray.

Comment

Thank you all for the support and love. Especially to my wife, who suffered through this battle with me. I could not have kept up the fight without her.

A few months ago she told me I was getting better. Not because she was hoping, or speaking it into existance. She just knew from watching me everyday that I had taken a turn for the better. The blood tests and scans confirmed it.

It is my sincerest hope that I can be an inspiration for anyone fighting cancer. If I can do it, anyone can.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
              Thank you all for the support and love. Especially to my wife, who suffered through this battle with me. I could not have kept up the fight without her.

A few months ago she told me I was getting better. Not because she was hoping, or speaking it into existance. She just knew from watching me everyday that I had taken a turn for the better. The blood tests and scans confirmed it.

It is my sincerest hope that I can be an inspiration for anyone fighting cancer. If I can do it, anyone can.
              Women know their men better then ourselves sometimes.
              You have no idea how you have touched my life with your battle with a very dark disease.
              Bruce is on, you are my hero!
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

So glad to hear of another miracle that has been witnessed (and helped) by the GSR!!!
                Tom, I believe you and your wife are the recipients of a miracle. You guys kicked butt on this one! (...of course, not to forget, Thee Almighty!)

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time.

We are all so proud of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, concentrate on having some fun...with your wife of course!

Blessings
                pmint

Comment

Remission...I love that word!

Comment

...and your new "remission," should you choose to accept it (sounds like you already have, hehe), is to continue to stay healthy and enjoy each day, week, month, and year as they come and go... Those of us in your GSR family look forward to sharing them with you, Pal!

Woohoo!!!

Comment

Awesome, just friggin' AWESOME!
                      IBA# 24077
                      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Excellent news indeed Tom! We both are in a club we didn't ask to be in but here we are! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                          ...and your new "remission," should you choose to accept it (sounds like you already have, hehe), is to continue to stay healthy and enjoy each day, week, month, and year as they come and go... Those of us in your GSR family look forward to sharing them with you, Pal!

Woohoo!!!
                          Amen to that!!!
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                            Excellent news indeed Tom! We both are in a club we didn't ask to be in but here we are! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Congrat's to both of you!
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I had my first post-treatment checkup yesterday. Hard to believe it's been a month already. Nothing really special to report until the blood test results are in. Probably on Monday.

Regardless of the tests, I'm still gaining weight and strength. I feel like my old self. Except I feel like I'm re-born. Ready to enjoy my second chance!

Comment

Regardless of the tests, I'm still gaining weight and strength. I feel like my old self. Except I feel like I'm re-born. Ready to enjoy my second chance!

Getting back to your "flying weight" is great! (Falconry term )

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X