No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. Blood test results are in. I'm as normal as can be. The cancer marker is 23.9. That's just a little higher than last month's 21.4, but well within the normal range. Next appointment is July 22.

Looks like I'll be sticking around for a while.

Comment

More good news!
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Just got back from vacation. Very happy to hear the news!!!
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Keith.

I'm still hanging in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
            Thanks Keith.

I'm still hanging in there.
            And doing a heck of a job I might add. Quite a challenge.
            Don't want to sound mushy but I'm proud of you. Both of you in fact.
            Here's to another great year of riding!
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

McLoud
              '79 GS850
              `98 GSF1200 Bandit
              sigpic
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Tom,
                What the heck, can't girl go out and almost kill herself, without another one of us taking a dive bomb? Have not had a chance to read the whole thread. Guess I should look at my messages too....But, I had to say we LOVE you...Wherever you are.

Prayers and blessings continue, for you and your wife.
                pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                  Tom,
                  What the heck, can't girl go out and almost kill herself, without another one of us taking a dive bomb? Have not had a chance to read the whole thread. Guess I should look at my messages too....But, I had to say we LOVE you...Wherever you are.

Prayers and blessings continue, for you and your wife.
                  pmint
                  Thanks for thinking of me, Patti. Even as you endure your own battle.

Heal well. There are still many roads to ride!

Comment

Tom,
                    I sure am proud of yous'.
                    Read thru to the truth, and
                    BE THERE:

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. (STILL SEARCHING for my thread !!! )

pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                      Tom,
                      I sure am proud of yous'.
                      Read thru to the truth, and
                      BE THERE:

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. (STILL SEARCHING for my thread !!! )

pmint
                      You looking for this?
                      This forum is for threads determined to be special by the Administrator. (Only the Admin can add threads to this forum)

I rooting for the come-back kid!

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone in on a health update. It's been nearly 5 months since the doctors took me off of treatment. My remission continues sucessfully. I know it's cliche, but I've never felt better.

Back to enjoying my life, which includes riding my GS nearly every day. This summer I took the Red HotRod to the Western States Rally. And rode the GS1100E down to Paso Robles, and out to Reno for the Street Vibrations event. Still hoping for at least one more good trip before the poor weather arrives.

Every day is a blessing. I have been given a second chance, and will not waste it. So with that in mind, WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!!! Everyone...and I do mean everyone...is invited. It's a celebration of victory, and hope for anyone else suffering with cancer.

The date is October 14th, and is significant for a special reason. One year ago on October 12th, the doctor's told me I had a year to live. So now I plan to have a party every year to celebrate my new birthday! Location is the St. John's Sports Bar, in Sunnyvale, CA http://www.stjohnsgrill.com/ A Happy Hour party.

Now look, I need to know if 3,000 people are gonna show up! You gotta find a place to stay...my couch is not big enough! But you're all welcome. RSVP here if you please.

And if you want to send well wishes, I'm keeping a journal. Send me a PM. I will cut and paste to my log.

Thanks again to all my GS brothers and sisters, so many of whom I have never met. A testimonial to this wonderful friendship we all share.

God Bless.

Comment

glad you are feeling ok...live life at its fullest and enjoy your GS!

Comment

Originally posted by drivera84 View Post
                            glad you are feeling ok...live life at its fullest and enjoy your GS!
                            Thanks.

Honduras, Wow! I guess I don't need to save you a seat.

Comment

Thanks for the update Tom!
                              The silver lining to all of this is how much more you appreciate life. I feel the world is a much better place with you in it. I'm very-very happy for you.
                              Enjoy your new Birthday!

Comment

Wish I could be there to help you celebrate. We lost a loved one to leukemia a few months back so hearing a success story is great. I can't stand seeing people and loved ones hurt. Something I've never failed to do is to count my blessings. I'm certainly not wealthy by any means, actually in the poor house right now, but I have more than I need and most everything I want.
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X