No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about the football played with hands or the WORLD series with teams from only one nation but I'm definitely rooting for Tom!
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hi Tom,
      How are you feeling?
      pmint

Comment

Hoping you are feeling better Tom.

Comment

Tom's battle continues. He's had a pretty rough go the last several months. His gall bladder acted up, and he's been dealing with that, and also had a blockage going out his stomach that caused him to constantly throw up...the food he ate was literally rotting in his stomach. He received a stint which finally allowed him to digest his food. While battling the gall bladder problems, the doctors were not able to do much with the tumor. They can't remove the gall bladder because it's too close to the tumor, and they fear they might cause internal bleeding.

So with his gall bladder and stomach issues stabilized, he began getting his chemo treatments again, as long as his blood counts were high enough, which sometimes they weren't. The other day he passed out at home and they couldn't revive him. He was taken to the E.R. and they found out his blood counts were extremely low. He ended up getting several blood transfusions. He is now out of the E.R. and back at the V. A. hospital.

Also, he just recently learned that the tumor on his pancreas has spread to his liver. Not sure yet what the plan is for treatment.

He has contacted me and a few others to let us know that he will be selling his three bikes. He needs the money, and doesn't think he will be riding anymore. His '80 GS1100 and his '78 GS1000E Red Hot Rod will be sold outright, and we will be doing a raffle on his pristine '78 GS1000C. Look in the Bikes for Sale section for the raffle.

Tom will continue to fight hard to beat this horrible cancer. I told him that once he licks this thing, I will give him the title to any bike in my garage, his choice. He will need a bike to ride when he gets better.

Please keep Tom and his family in your prayers and thoughts.

Here is a link to the bike raffle: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=202812
          Last edited by renobruce; 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM.
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Well Bruce, I was sort of nervous about why things have been pretty quiet on this thread, unfortunately now I know. Tom was the very first GSR member I met in person, we rode into Yosemite together. Anyway, Tom you hang in there, you've beat this thing so far and I'm sure you'll do everything in your power to continue fighting. At least by keeping his blood counts up his treatment can continue.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Bruce, thanks for keeping us up to date. Tom I wish you well and I think I'll take a chance on getting your skunk, but the ones I've rode with lately are not that quick.

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Tom's back at the VA now and has made good progress. He isn't attached to any running IVs, so he can walk around as he wishes. He's also allowed to eat anything he wants to and has been well tolerating things like Ensure and pudding. He's not
                bleeding any more, and his blood counts are steady except for his platelets, which are still low. He hopes he's still on track to get his chemo. next Tuesday.

His parents and brother are visiting and helping to take some of the stress off Nami. Tom's trying to stay, as always, very positive and is fighting as hard as possible. He doesn't know when he'll be discharged.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Hoping for the best for Tom and that he will be home for the holidays.

Comment

Keep fightin Tom....

I am hoping to be able to spend more time with you guys come this summer. Tom, you hang in there we are all hoping the best for you!

Comment

Thanks for the prayers and all the well wishes. As I say, I feel each and every prayer. Bless you all. Now if you please, how 'bout taking a chance on the raffle. A hundred bucks is all it takes. I think Bruce has added an extra enhancement. If we get 40 entrants, we will provide free shipping.
                      Thanks friends. I really need some help with the medical bills.

Comment

You're in my prayers Tom.

Hope lots of people enter the raffle. With a mug like this, how can we not?

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Thanks for the updates Bruce.
                          Another prayer headed your way Tom. The world needs good people like you. Stay positive.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Tom,
                            So many thoughts..good ones sent your way with healing intent.
                            Wish I had some words of wisdom.
                            I don't know how long I'll be here. (Almost wasn't a few times!)
                            No one knows when ther number will be called.
                            My heart hurts for you. My mind is sending all positive thoughts.

Whenever I 'go', I know I'm going to heaven because I heard there is a GS Family Section up there!!! AND We get to imagine ANY BIKE WE WANT !!!

Much love and try to keep laughing...best medicine...
                            Sending hearts,
                            pmint

Comment

Patti, I'm speechless.

Bless you.

I'll see you in Heaven.

Comment

NO!!!, I'm sure I'll get there first!

Tom.
                                Only love intended, you know, and just wanted to make a joke about our GSR family's forever attitude.
                                No disrespect ever meant! I'm so sorry if I said anything hurtful.
                                ...Sometimes my joking gets out of hand.
                                Please forgive me if I goofed up.
                                When you get as old as I, you do get a little sinacle, I mean cynical!
                                Hope you are better all ready.
                                With love,
                                pmint
                                Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X