No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Steve. When I saw your post above I figured I'd continue to monitor here rather than give this lady another address to send to!

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks for the update Steve. Much appreciated.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Lynda indicated, this morning, that she is "techno-challenged," so I will continue to repost her updates here as I receive them. In addition, the family is setting up an account that will allow us to help out with donations. When I have that info I'll pass it on as well...

Feel good, Tom, we're behind you!!!

Regards,

Comment

Tom..praying for you. Sorry you have to go thru this...anywho...get thru it and back to normal. Welcome anytime in AZ!
          EULC ON

Comment

Received this quick note from Lynda last night:

"Tom's wife, Nami, just called and asked me to tell you all how much she appreciates all the love and support you're giving to Tom and her. It made her cry to find out there are so many great people out there supporting them in this challenge. Keep up the good work. You guys are awesome!!!"

Comment

For anyone wishing to donate to Tom's cancer fight, Lynda sent the following message:

"Hello--
              Due to popular demand, I've asked Tom to open a bank account so anyone can send a donation directly there.
              Make checks/money orders, etc. payable to THOMAS MURPHY and mail directly to:
              Union Bank
              1109 E. Arques Ave.
              Sunnyvale, CA 94085
              Account No. 1381111549
              The check does not have to be endorsed by Tom before depositing.
              Please attach a note requesting your gift be deposited to Tom's account.
              Be sure to include the account number.
              Your name will be kept completely confidential. If you want Tom to know you've made this gift, please e-mail him directly: infinami at earthlink dot net (email purposely mis-typed to throw off spammers)
              NOTE: THIS IS CONSIDERED A GIFT AND IS NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
              Thank you so much.
              Lynda"

EDIT: You can also send a Paypal donation directly to Tom using the above email address - please be sure to mark it as a "gift" in Paypal and pick up the small Paypal charge on your end, so that all the funds you've earmarked for Tom go to him entirely... THANKS!
              Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I'll get something out this afternoon Steve. I think it would be a good idea to start another thread so the effort has it's own identity and won't get lost in the content of this thread.

Comment

Good idea for someone to manage a Paypal contribution as well...

I can offer up my account to collect & send 1 cheque at the end if nobody else wants to be responsible for that.

Dan
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                    Good idea for someone to manage a Paypal contribution as well...

I can offer up my account to collect & send 1 cheque at the end if nobody else wants to be responsible for that.

Dan
                    That would be great Dan. It might get the funds into their hands sooner. I have a little extra cash in pocket and I'm on my way to send a money order to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                      I'll get something out this afternoon Steve. I think it would be a good idea to start another thread so the effort has it's own identity and won't get lost in the content of this thread.
                      I was thinking the same thing, but the original thread title here covers it pretty well. I think the only thing we really need to do is have Bruce edit his first post with the donation info (which I'm sure he'll have no objection to taking care of).

Dan, if you don't mind handling the paypal donations I think that would be great, but I was going to ask Lynda to check with Tom and see if his email address might already be linked to a Paypal account. If it is we can send him donations directly and eliminate the extra step. Regardless of who we send Paypal donations to, please be sure to mark the payment as a "gift" and pick up the small charge Paypal attaches to these kinds of transfers. That way the full amount of what you earmark to Tom will get to him, thanks!

I'll let you folks know what I find out.

Regards,
                      Steve
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                        I was thinking the same thing, but the original thread title here covers it pretty well. I think the only thing we really need to do is have Bruce edit his first post with the donation info (which I'm sure he'll have no objection to taking care of).

Dan, if you don't mind handling the paypal donations I think that would be great, but I was going to ask Lynda to check with Tom and see if his email address might already be linked to a Paypal account. If it is we can send him donations directly and eliminate the extra step. Regardless of who we send Paypal donations to, please be sure to mark the payment as a "gift" and pick up the small charge Paypal attaches to these kinds of transfers. That way the full amount of what you earmark to Tom will get to him, thanks!

I'll let you folks know what I find out.

Regards,
                        Steve
                        Sounds like a plan Steve. I've already returned from mailing something.

Comment

Ok ... sent an email to Linda asking her about linking a Paypal account directly to the donation bank account - will let you know when she responds which direction we're going. In the meantime, here's the latest update (from last night - missed it this morning):

Hello again--
                          Tom goes in for his second chemo. tomorrow. They will be using his PICC line for the first line to infuse his meds. The PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line was inserted last week. It's an extra-long catheter that was placed in his upper arm and is used to administer his IV (intravenous) chemo meds. The catheter can stay in place for several months, so that Tom won't need to be poked every time they need to give medications or to draw blood. The end has a plug and the IV fluid is hooked up and disconnected into this plug as needed.
                          Tom isn't feeling as much stomach pain any more so has been able to eat better and has gained a couple pounds! Yay!!! He still has back pain, for which he takes pain meds.
                          He's really looking forward to watching the Giants win the World Series. GO GIANTS!!
                          He really appreciates your love and support. Keep those cards & e-mails going.
                          Lynda

infinami at earthlink dot net (You can send Paypal donations to him directly using this email address as well - make sure you correct the purposely mistyped email link when you use it in Paypal. Also, Tom's physical address is available by PM'ing me, since we don't want to post it publicly - helps to eliminate spam...)

This means that by now Tom has most likely received his next treatment. I will watch for tonight's (or tomorrow's) update and post it when I get it... Thinking positive thoughts, Tom!!!

Regards,
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I'd be happy to edit my first post. I'm on my phone right now, but will be home soon and all day tomorrow. Let me know what you find out about linking paypal.

Thanks for offering your account, Dan.

And a big thanks to everyone for their support and prayers. Tom is benefiting greatly from it.

GO TOM!!!
                            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                              I'd be happy to edit my first post. I'm on my phone right now, but will be home soon and all day tomorrow. Let me know what you find out about linking paypal.

Thanks for offering your account, Dan.

And a big thanks to everyone for their support and prayers. Tom is benefiting greatly from it.

GO TOM!!!
                              Hah! I JUST sent you a PM asking for this, Bruce ... you're a step ahead of me, hehe!

Thanks in advance - will let you know once the Paypal issue is figured out.

Regards,

Comment

Latest update from Lynda, late last night:

"Tom was not able to get his chemo today because his platelet count was too low. Platelets are involved in the blood clotting. He'll go back on Monday, Nov. 1, to try again. Let's keep our fingers crossed."

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                                X