Hyper lites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyper lites

I saw basscliff mention these in another thread and i had been looking at them, but I didnt want to thread jack:

Anyone have any experience with hyperlites? See here: http://hyperlites.com/. I am looking for something to increase my visibility at night, mostly through brighter brakes. I am considering either LED that function just like brake (dim then bright when braking) or a flashing/modulating variant. I know these would be easy on the electrical system, as it is all LED. Anyone have any experience with these? Another product you might recommend over it? These are fairly cheap, so they are very attractive to me. I live on college campus and lots of inattentive drivers, not to mention the DUI's at night, so this additional visibility would be helpful!

Those are nice, I wired my tail light to have all the lights on the back of the bike to come on when the brake is pressed. It's pretty bright, and cheap too!

Comment

Hi,

Mr. kerrfunk installed a Hyperlite kit on the back of his bike and posted up a couple of videos. It was quite impressive.

Newly installed hyperlites, viewed from a distance at night. The LEDs are running lights at 30% intensity, then they flash for about five seconds and go to 1...

Subscribe Unsubscribe kerrfunkAugust 22, 2009(more info) (less info) Want to Subscribe?Sign In or Sign Up now! Newly installed hyperlites, viewed during an o...

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2010, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Ya beat me to it, Mr. BassCliff. My helmet's off to you.

I like my Hyperlites. I bought 'em for my 550 and then when I bought the 1100 and sold the 550 I kept 'em.

In a year of riding I had one guy pull up next to me at a stoplight and ask about them. I was so flabbergasted (he was in a pickup truck and he pulled up next to me on the shoulder) I could hardly remember my own name, but I went to his place of business (the name was on the side of the truck) and gave him the info.

Every time I hit my brakes I remember that there's those little flashers, and it makes me happy.

There's a setting where they'll flash for a few seconds then go solid (that's what I have) and I think there's a setting where they just keep flashing.
        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thanks for the vids, they really help me see how bright these little buggers are! I'm thinking of ordering the modulating version in the near future.

Comment

Kerrfunk,

Which kit did you install? The Universal?
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
              Kerrfunk,

Which kit did you install? The Universal?
              I had to check the site 8-)

Yup. Universal. Two little banks of 8 flashing LEDs. Running lights / Brake lights. About a hundred bucks.
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

another cheaper option

Comment

I have the Hyperlites on my 850. I first saw them following my brother's Concourse. They grab you attention so effectively, I decided I had to have a set. I need to remember to get a set for my 1000...
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                  X