swing arm replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swing arm replacement

does anyone know of a box section swing arm which will fit a gs\x 250\400\450 , don't mind if it has disk brake ? in fact i'd rather it had one

It seems to me that early in scottychop thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=163012 He had a different swing arm on his 450. Thats the only thing I've noticed so far in my searches and reading. Good luck.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

yup

The short answer is yes it can be done. The much, much, longer answer is that it takes a bit of work. Are you looking to go mono shock or keep the duals? Most Katana swingers are actually steel, painted to look like Alu. and could be used if you wanted to weld on a dual shock setup. I went the mono route which required frame mods.

What are your goals?

Comment

cheers ,wanted to keep duels, but with more modern brakes.i think an rg250 arm may fit, its about 200mm & is box section. i'll check what mine is later this week, not sure of the bolt size yet or length or what wheel to use. i think a gs550 of the same era had the same style wheel but with a disk brake. i like the look of your drilled disk & 4 piston caliper up front. not too keen on the upside down forks but wondered if the more modern gs500 forks would fit.

Comment

I had an FZR250 (2KR version) rear swingarm slotted in my 450 chassis for a test fit.

The swingarm pivot was the EXACT same width.
          Current:
          Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
          VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
          And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
          X