No announcement yet.

Where to find information on parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We offer best Suzuki motorcycle parts for some of the famous models like Suzuki GS550, Suzuki intruder 800 Suzuki GSXR 1000, Suzuki A100, Suzuki Katana etc.
    Stephen.
    1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
    1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
    Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
    GS twin wiki

Comment

Carburetors parts

Does anybody know where i can get some carbs parts for 1984 gs400e? or from what other model parts will fit? just pick up the bike, it has carbs problem, want to rebuild the cabs. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossyak View Post
        Does anybody know where i can get some carbs parts for 1984 gs400e? or from what other model parts will fit? just pick up the bike, it has carbs problem, want to rebuild the cabs. thanks.
        Parts from gs450's or other gs400's from various years.

Go to the link I posted pick your year and model and then see what the part number is for the part your looking for.

Then search where ever you want, (ebay for instance and just search vaguely for Suzuki gs400 carbs or gs450 carbs and see what comes up)

Then go back to the link and look up that bike and its part numbers.

If its the same numbers you can use it.

There are a few differences that I've seen in the gs450 line up but so far I haven't seen any changes in the gs400's carbs.

What your going to find is that everyone will tell you to strip them down and dip the body's to get them perfectly clean and then re-assemble them with new o-rings.

Jets are easy to get brand new. Some parts are harder to find though. Depends on what it is.

First post eh ! well hold on :P there's lots of good info and good people here. Keep in mind that what you think is the problem might not be and thats where asking questions here helps.

Start with this:

Get yourself a manual from there, look at the tutorial's and become a couch potato for about a week :P
        Last edited by Mekanix; 12-16-2013, 03:31 AM.
        Stephen.
        1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
        1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
        Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
        GS twin wiki

Comment

I open two windows with Alpha sports. Then i copy part numbers from a fiche and paste them in the search box in the second windows search box..instantly pops up a list of all bikes that part number comes back to...
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X