No announcement yet.

Isle of Man TT…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill & Charlie, I've hardly watched a GP or Superbike race since I first got a hold of the Irish.

Fast?
    Ha!
    Cam Donald (local boy done good) averaged 133mph (214kph) around the TT.
    By comparison, Rossi averaged 73mph (117kph) around Phillip Island at the MotoGP.
    Cam's throttled was pinned 86%, Rossi was only on it for 11%

I might start a thread for Irish Road Racing clips..

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
      Bill & Charlie, I've hardly watched a GP or Superbike race since I first got a hold of the Irish.

Fast?
      Ha!
      Cam Donald (local boy done good) averaged 133mph (214kph) around the TT.
      By comparison, Rossi averaged 73mph (117kph) around Phillip Island at the MotoGP.
      Cam's throttled was pinned 86%, Rossi was only on it for 11%

I might start a thread for Irish Road Racing clips..
      I think the Irish are doing this the right way. This is one of the best kept secrets in Europe. I hope they are able to keep it going for the world to see. Trying to get over there this year. The clip of Dunlop following Farquar really impresses upon the speed and their talents.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I plan on getting there in the next couple of years.
        I want to take in as much county racing as I can.
        If I can get to Cookstown, Ulster GP, Southern 100 I'll be a happy little camper.

The TT has been going for 103 years now, they keep trying to ban it because of the deaths but it keeps hanging in there.

Wayne Gardner wants it banned. We want him to go and stick his head up his bum.

Comment

Life with no risk???

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
          I plan on getting there in the next couple of years.
          I want to take in as much county racing as I can.
          If I can get to Cookstown, Ulster GP, Southern 100 I'll be a happy little camper.

The TT has been going for 103 years now, they keep trying to ban it because of the deaths but it keeps hanging in there.

Wayne Gardner wants it banned. We want him to go and stick his head up his bum.
          I bet you'd like to rent a bike for a tour too. I know I would, ride it up to the LP ferry to the island, and ride the course myself, more than once for sure.
          I don't want this to turn into the Off topic forum, but “we the people” in this day and age, put much too much value on human life at all cost. This planet is overpopulated.
          Racing used to be called a blood sport, after the world wars people understood risk. The whole thrill of a blood sport was the risk of injury or death. Not for the weak hearted, and let the meek wait a very long time before the reading of our Last Will and Testament!
          Bill
          Oops…
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Spot on, Bill.
            We cater to the sheeple so much now. They swallow the nanny state government rhetoric whole without once thinking for themselves.

If people wish to put themselves at risk in the name of thrills/sport/competition.. So be it.

Comment

1st and 2nd place, for the Electric bike race?

They have a race just for electric bikes now. These were the 1st and 2nd placers. Top speed was 149mph and average was 98.6mph for 1 lap. I followed the race on iTunes radio and TT Live:
              segway, thursday, winners, isleofman, enclosure, markmiller, michaelrutter, 2011, iomtt, motoczysz, ttzero, tt2011
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 06-09-2011, 08:47 PM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Hi guys, just seen all the new posts!,Leigh-the Cookstown is one of my local races as I've said here before it's usually on the last week in April so you missed this year but go to www.photobucket.com and type in johnny237's albums and you can watch video clips I took of this years races. The Ulster Grand Prix is in August, if you can make it for next year (better start saving-eh) you can stay with me (my wife is just going to love me for this suggestion ha ha) and I'll give you the same tour Charlies going to get in August when he comes over. We do have to have insurance to run races here, from what I've heard its somewhere in the region of £80-100,000 for a meeting which is over 2 days ie. practice and race day for the national races and something like 4 times that for the 2 international races(North West200 and Ulster),Bill, Michael Rutter managed 99.604mph for a lap according to the website but thats amazing as I've said before considering this is only the 3rd years running of electric bikes and the petrol bikes took 50 years to achive the same speeds. Looks good for the final days racing tomorrow will be listening online-hey Bill meant to ask did you get the race times I posted to you?.Johnny

Comment

Great racing!

“hey Bill meant to ask did you get the race times I posted to you?.Johnny ”

Yes I did Johnny, but I've been getting everything I need from: http://ttlive.iomtt.com/index.htm
                  But, I didn't get all the online options sorted out in time to enjoy the NW 200.

Comment

Working...
                  X