Clear All

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
    Good God man!
    You're a GIANT
    For sure, it looks like he is riding a scooter

Comment

Here is updated pictures (today)

Comment

The Nasty Racing gs1000. Ran low 9:00's at 150. A terror at the strips here in SW Ontario Canada with my son riding.

This pic was taken at Empire drag strip in New York where we had the fastest gs1000 & the fast bike period on a 5" slick. I had that lock up tuned perfectly that day & we ran a 9:18.

Paul
        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
          The Nasty Racing gs1000. Ran low 9:00's at 150. A terror at the strips here in SW Ontario Canada with my son riding.

This pic was taken at Empire drag strip in New York where we had the fastest gs1000 & the fast bike period on a 5" slick. I had that lock up tuned perfectly that day & we ran a 9:18.

Paul
          Fabulous! Just to compare to my 1100G, what are your horsepower and torque peak rpms, and what rpm do you shift on?
          Bill
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

The bike dyno'd at about 175 hp but the real secret was the weight. About 375 lbs ready to go. I shifted at 9500. The bike was so torquie, that shifting at 10500 was just a waste. What a learning experience it was at first. Until I learned to adjust rear wheel angle & wheelie bar height, it would launch left then right with me in the saddle. ( I wouldn't let my son ride until I had all the handling problems fixed).
            Alas, I sold the bike a few years ago but still see it every week at one of our local tracks.

Paul
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

let's talk about high school football glory too !!!

is this for bikes we OWN or used to own? want to own etc...

I want to be nice but 175??? really am I the only one here that knows that is CRAP!!!

#375 is NOT LIGHT!!!!!!!!! CAR TIRE 1640cc 16 valve bikes avarage #380-- and everything about them is wider longer bigger than a antique pizza cutter...

my 1105 68" bar bike on a 5.5 slick had 120 HP weighed#425 and went 9:30s' at 138mph rider weight #240 so a #665 package for me. on 14/49 gearing....

50 horses weaker WAY MORE THAN 50 pounds heavier and only 3 tenths off your Canadian pace.. what do you race on a metric track??

SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

just a foot note,

self starting yellow bike #460 over 200BHP 1428 cc 14-1 huge star top end titanium 31/26mm valves that flow 126 cfm @ .450 lift.(10 " test) G13/G7(.420/.385) . 1-2-3 auto 44 trons and pwr jets. 15/46 gearing

average 9:05~9:15 at 148mph.. shifting at 10K It goes a lot faster if I shift it higher. darn prostock head.. That is on the list to get changed..

notice the head and how the trons go into it.. not a normal gs 1150 head 'eh?

Comment

[QUOTE=trippivot;1308300]is this for bikes we OWN or used to own? want to own etc...

I want to be nice but 175??? really am I the only one here that knows that is CRAP!!!

#375 is NOT LIGHT!!!!!!!!! CAR TIRE 1640cc 16 valve bikes avarage #380-- and everything about them is wider longer bigger than a antique pizza cutter...

my 1105 68" bar bike on a 5.5 slick had 120 HP weighed#425 and went 9:30s' at 138mph rider weight #240 so a #665 package for me. on 14/49 gearing....

50 horses weaker WAY MORE THAN 50 pounds heavier and only 3 tenths off your Canadian pace.. what do you race on a metric track?? )

Didn't think this thread was meant to get personal or insulting. You don't need to be a smartass, buddy.

The hp figure is what my engine builder quoted. I have the timing slips to prove the et's & mph.

Jeesh....

Comment

This was this summer aboard my mighty Honda CBR600F4.. Note the suzuki leathers though.
                    1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

[QUOTE=nastyjones;1308310]
                      Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                      is this for bikes we OWN or used to own? want to own etc...

50 horses weaker WAY MORE THAN 50 pounds heavier and only 3 tenths off your Canadian pace.. what do you race on a metric track?? )

Didn't think this thread was meant to get personal or insulting. You don't need to be a smartass, buddy.

The hp figure is what my engine builder quoted. I have the timing slips to prove the et's & mph.

Jeesh....
                      I am sorry if I sound harsh over a comuter screen. Please tell us in detail how you achieved your astonishing power levels. I'd like to compare notes in public.

I have quit spending money on the 1000 base 2 valve platform. Great combinations for different levels of power and longeivity are easily available ~strong street/mild bracket/totally wild. all levels have a cost and it starts out cheap with big results--if you do it right

When some of the un experienced engine builders read through here I'd rather them get honest un exaggerated information. Honestly 175 even with a straight gear and special rods on the crank - lightened or not will shear #1 in no time at all without a engine case girdle or special work not evident in your picture....nitrous is very possible to hit the mark too, but you have the same bottom end problems Byron Hines had in '80

displacement? headflow? valve sizes? cams? carbs? jetting? crank work / weight? transmission work? inner case strengthing? header diameter, piston weight? wrist pin selection.

I am genuinely curious, not snotty.

Comment

Jeff, you need to loosen the chin strap again!!! Ray.

Comment

Comment

Heres my 79 GS1000. . . .

Comment

heres my 80 GS750, with the same GS1000 motor. . . .

Comment

Me racing in INDY 2009 . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X