Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank, I'm sorry to hear of Dan's passing. As others have said, we've lost many members this year, and I hope 2011 is a much better, brighter year. My prayers will be with Dan's family.

Comment

I heard of this earlier this week and was waiting until you made an announcement. Dan's passing is another sad event in what has been a very hard and trying year for a lot of us personally and all of us in this wonderful cyber family called the GSR. My condolences to Gail and the rest of the family and may 2011 be a year to remember for better reasons than 2010. Scott
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

God Bless Dan and be with his family.
        Truly a major loss.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Dan Bard

This is sad news -

Dan was a great guy who played a big role in my involvement with the GS Resources website. Dan was the guy who initially got me started in the web design business, and was how I got introduced to Frank.

We had plans to visit Dan and Gale this coming summer during our trip to the “Tail of the Dragon” – I regret not making the trip last summer.

Dan was a good friend who will be missed.

markn.

Comment

Very sad, I would bet it is related to the Bus accident too!! Very unfortunate..
            life must go on..

Comment

So sorry for your loss. my condolences.

Comment

This just flat out blows. My most heartfelt condolences.

Comment

I offer my condolences.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread or a brief In Memoriamp section to permanently commemorate the members who have passed on, with bios, and their contributions.
                  sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                    I offer my condolences.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread or a brief In Memoriamp section to permanently commemorate the members who have passed on, with bios, and their contributions.
                    This sounds like an outstanding idea. My thoughts and condolences to Dan's family. I sure hope 2011 takes it a little easier on the GSR family.

Comment

Frank...I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers for you, the family, and friends during this hard time.
                      Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                      Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

My condolences to Dan's wife Gale, his entire family and all who miss him.
                        1982 GS1000S Katana
                        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Such a tragic loss.

I received this message from Nick Diaz who was a great friend to Dan.

"If the GSR folks wish to contribute, they may do so for the Eastern Panhandle Free Clinic, 1212 N. Mildred St., Ranson, WV 25438. That's where Gale Bard has spent many volunteer hours after her retirement last summer. (Gale is an RN). "

here is a copy of Dan"s obituary

Mr. Daniel J. Bard

As originally published on Friday, December 31, 2010.

Daniel J. Bard, 59, of Kabletown, W.Va., died Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010, at Jefferson Memorial Hospital, Ranson, W.Va.
                          Daniel was born Aug. 11, 1951, in Johnstown, Pa., to Halcolm P. and Gertrude (Tadejeski) Bard. He graduated from Kiski Area High School, class of 1969, and received a degree from Clarion University, Clarion, Pa.

Mr. Bard retired from the Maryland Department of Agriculture as a resource conservationist. He was a member of the Catholic faith. Daniel was an avid motorcycle rider and writer on his yellow Goldwing. He was a member of American Motorcycle Association, Between The Sheetz Gang, Goldwin Road Riders Association and Motorcycle Travel Network. He co-authored "Great Roads, Great Rides, and Moto Maps." He also was an avid photographer, Pittsburgh Steelers fan and Beatles fan.

He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Gale L. (Watson) Bard; brother, Halcolm Barre Bard and wife Janet of Kane, Pa.; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 2, at Melvin T. Strider Colonial Funeral Home, Charles Town, W.Va. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 3, at the funeral home. Deacon David Galvin will officiate. Interment will be private.

Memorial contributions may be sent to Eastern Panhandle Free Clinic, 1212 N. Mildred St., Ranson, WV 25438.

To sign the online guest book, visit MtStrider.com.

Last edited by skip; 01-01-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Frank, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's always hard to take.

Comment

I'm sorry, Frank. Let us know what we can do.

Comment

Sorry to hear of Dan's passing, my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

-greg
                                Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....

Comment

Working...
                                X