This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-editor Dan Bard has died

I have just received word that Dan Bard, my co-editor died on December 28th while having dinner with his family. Attempts by his wife Gale to revive him with CPR were unsuccessful. An autopsy will be conducted to see if the injuries he sustained from the bus accident in September had anything to do with this.

Dan was a very special person in my life. We got together through this website when he owned a GS and wanted to give me a hand in taking care of some of things on this website. I had the great opportunity to meet up with him in West Virginia when I made my annual trip to New Hampshire. The shame of it all was that I could never stay for long to take him up on his offer to stay at his place to visit with him and his wife Gale. Our plans were to finally meet up at Don Pepe's West Virginia trip this summer. Unfortunately that won't be happening.

He was a heck of a guy and it is a comfort to know he is with the Lord. So keep his wife Gale and his family in your prayers. As many have you have said, this has been a sad year with all the good people that we have lost this year. I hope and pray that the year 2011 is a better year in this respect.

Please keep the spouses and families of those we lost in your prayers also and we ring out 2010 and ring in 2011. Please be safe and have good New Years!

Here is a picture of Dan and I together in West Virginia last year.

Last edited by administrator; 01-07-2011, 04:08 PM.

Sad to hear about the loss of your friend.

My dad died of an Embolism days after having a very hard fall.
    He was in perfect health and did not have any apparent damage fromt he fall but for a lurking bloodclot.

So having an accident may well have contributed to this.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this and wish the family the best in getting through it. This is not the way to start a new year.
      sigpic
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Frank..sorry for the loss personally for you and for the GS family as a whole. This year has been a very hard one for the community in many respects..accidents, deaths from illnesses, peoples bikes being stolen and vandalized..Gheez we all need a break! 2011 will hopefully bring us all new blessings and opportunities to better all our economical and personal sitiuations..So to that end, I would also like to wish every member here a renewed sense of hope, good fortune and good health in the new year ahead..God speed to all, Chuck.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Frank,

As I mentioned in my facebook message, please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your good friend and our GSR co-editor, and please pass these sentiments on to Dan's family.

We lost way too many friends in 2010, and I hope that 2011 will be a better year for us all.

Very Sincerely,
          Steve

Comment

Sorry to hear this Frank. If there is anything we can do for the family all you have to do is say what and when. Maybe flowers or a donation to a favorite charity, anything at all to let the family know how much he was appreciated.

Comment

Very sad news indeed...

Sorry to hear this, Frank. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm sorry Frank, it hurts to lose a friend. We're here for you.

~Adam

Comment

This is a great loss for the GSR community, especially you Frank. Dan and his family will be in our prayers....

Joe
                  IBA# 24077
                  '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                  '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

This is sad news. I'm very sorry.
                    NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Very sorry to hear, please accept my condolences.
                      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Frank, I am sorry to hear of the loss of a great friend and fellow GSer. My thoughts are for you and his family and friends.

As you mentioned 2010 unfortunately was a very tough year for many of us here and I also hope that it is all behind us now and everyone has a great new year.
                        82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
                        81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
                        83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
                        06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
                        AKA "Mr Awesome"

Comment

Very sorry to hear of the loss of another friend. Mycondolences to the family, friends and yourself Frank.

Hoping we all stay healthy and safe in 2011.

Spyug

Comment

Sad news indeed.....another loss for our family. My condolences, Frank.

Here's to all that have suffered and lost loved ones this year. May 2011 hold nothing but joy and happiness !!!
                            Larry D
                            1980 GS450S
                            1981 GS450S
                            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Dan was a great guy. It saddens me that he is gone. We've lost a good man but he is moving on to a much better place.

God Speed Dan Bard!

Hap

Comment

Working...
                              X