Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Co-editor Dan Bard has died

midnightcafe Guest

So sorry for your loss. my condolences.

chiphead Guest

This just flat out blows. My most heartfelt condolences.

I offer my condolences.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread or a brief In Memoriamp section to permanently commemorate the members who have passed on, with bios, and their contributions.
    [Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

russr33 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by themess View Post
    I offer my condolences.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread or a brief In Memoriamp section to permanently commemorate the members who have passed on, with bios, and their contributions.
    This sounds like an outstanding idea. My thoughts and condolences to Dan's family. I sure hope 2011 takes it a little easier on the GSR family.

gbw is offline Forum Sage Past Site Supporter
    Super Site Supporter

Frank...I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers for you, the family, and friends during this hard time.
    Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

pano is online now Forum Sage GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

My condolences to Dan's wife Gale, his entire family and all who miss him.
    1982 GS1000S Katana
    1982 GS1100E (red)
    1983 GS1229E project

Such a tragic loss.

I received this message from Nick Diaz who was a great friend to Dan.

"If the GSR folks wish to contribute, they may do so for the Eastern Panhandle Free Clinic, 1212 N. Mildred St., Ranson, WV 25438. That's where Gale Bard has spent many volunteer hours after her retirement last summer. (Gale is an RN). "

here is a copy of Dan"s obituary

Mr. Daniel J. Bard

As originally published on Friday, December 31, 2010.

Daniel J. Bard, 59, of Kabletown, W.Va., died Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2010, at Jefferson Memorial Hospital, Ranson, W.Va.
    Daniel was born Aug. 11, 1951, in Johnstown, Pa., to Halcolm P. and Gertrude (Tadejeski) Bard. He graduated from Kiski Area High School, class of 1969, and received a degree from Clarion University, Clarion, Pa.

Mr. Bard retired from the Maryland Department of Agriculture as a resource conservationist. He was a member of the Catholic faith. Daniel was an avid motorcycle rider and writer on his yellow Goldwing. He was a member of American Motorcycle Association, Between The Sheetz Gang, Goldwin Road Riders Association and Motorcycle Travel Network. He co-authored "Great Roads, Great Rides, and Moto Maps." He also was an avid photographer, Pittsburgh Steelers fan and Beatles fan.

He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Gale L. (Watson) Bard; brother, Halcolm Barre Bard and wife Janet of Kane, Pa.; and numerous nieces and nephews.

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 2, at Melvin T. Strider Colonial Funeral Home, Charles Town, W.Va. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 3, at the funeral home. Deacon David Galvin will officiate. Interment will be private.

Memorial contributions may be sent to Eastern Panhandle Free Clinic, 1212 N. Mildred St., Ranson, WV 25438.

To sign the online guest book, visit MtStrider.com.

Last edited by skip; 01-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Travellin' Jones Guest

Frank, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It's always hard to take.

UncleMike Guest

I'm sorry, Frank. Let us know what we can do.

Sorry to hear of Dan's passing, my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

-greg
    Loud pipes saves squirrel lives.....