XS650 Electronic tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
    Electric tach on my 900 Seca worked just fine. I'd take that over a cable driven one anyday.
    Was that a factory fitted one?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
      Electric tach on my 900 Seca worked just fine. I'd take that over a cable driven one anyday.
      My thinking was that an electronic driven directly off the spark would not only be more accurate but more reliable. Also the cost of a new tach cable makes the price difference moot.

Comment

Originally posted by landshark View Post
        Was that a factory fitted one?
        Yes. The only thing it ever did was not respond for a few blocks when cold. A simple cleanup of the electrical plugs would probably have sorted it.

Comment

I used a set of Bandit gages on my 80 1100E , electric tach and speedo was a direct fit plus nice looking gages
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
            I used a set of Bandit gages on my 80 1100E , electric tach and speedo was a direct fit plus nice looking gages
            I considered the Bandit gauges, however they are more expensive than the versions from partsnmore. On top of that I would still need a new tach cable, so overall it makes more sense to go aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
            X