Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukilme View Post
    Got one

Thinking restoring a bike or modifying will be cheap.
    Thinking restoring a bike or modifying will be profitable

Comment

Believing "I'll catch the parts before they fly out across the garage" when taking something apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        7) Not replacing the old rubber brake lines. Suzuki call for replacing the lines every 2 years so if your bike still has the originals you are 28 years overdue.
        But, but, you don't know how long it's taken me to find them!
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
          Ranger, your trials regarding an extinguisher prompted me to request one for christmas from my Mom......good idea....

LOL, 9 months? I see a fire before then and not from me

No more fire on my bike

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
            No more fire on my bike

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              14) Not taking time to find a good shop.
              See #13...
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

10a. Starting oil, tire, or torque wrench threads

and on a more serious note:

14. Refusing to buy, beg or borrow the appropriate tools or materials for the task at hand (excluding zip ties for those who prefer them on shim changes of course)

Comment

No, Ranger, the extinguisher appeared under the tree this past xmas....just itchin' to use it.....er, I mean hope I never need it......

Comment

Cutting the rear of the frame off and making a bobber, then you decide the bikes looks like cr@p, now its worthless.

Cutting your nice original exhaust so it can sound like a harley. Now it sounds bad and someone could of used an original exhaust for their restoration.

Not checking your ignition timing on a bike with points.

Not properly lubing all cables on a bike that sat for 20 years, so on your first ride ,the clutch, the tach and speedo cables snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
                      No, Ranger, the extinguisher appeared under the tree this past xmas....just itchin' to use it.....er, I mean hope I never need it......
                      Haha, I can tell you a bike on fire in your driveway looks cool except when its yours. I still remember my words... "Damn battery, Oh shít fire, I hope none of my neighbors are outside... oh shít its a big ball now, oh shít my gas tank is a flame thrower out of my petcock while IN MY HANDS with fresh paint... OH SHíT WHERES MY FIRE EXTINGUISHER ITS GONNA BLOW!!"

Comment

One word, "Hacksaw"

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by twr1776 View Post

Replacing your old tires and not replacing the most likely OEM valve stems.
                          Whoops, I was doin pretty good til this popped up.

Comment

worrying about what sort of mirrors to put on the clubman bars before you even have it running...

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                              worrying about what sort of mirrors to put on the clubman bars before you even have it running...
                              How about putting on clubman bars before you even know how to ride.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

While the wife/GF/SO impatiently waits in the house while you're wrenching in the garage you respond to her with "Ill be right in......."

or when you run out to get milk and bread on the Bike you tell her "Ill be right back....."
                                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
                                X