1978 GS750E Carb issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750E Carb issues

New to the site and I'm so glad it exists! Question is I've a 1978 GS750E and I've added K&N pods to the carbs along with a Vance Hines 4 into 1 exhaust, I need to know what jets (both main and pilot) I need? I had the exact set-up back on my original ride in 78 but can't recall what to do.....Help?

hi, from searching around on this site and others i went with four sizes up on the mains, moved clip to lowest setting, one turn out on fuel and highest idle on air, was about 1.5 turns out i think. 78 gs750e with uni pods and shorty muffs on the stock headers. Runs great, idles awesome, no coughs, sputters. Pulls hard and the plugs look great. Hope this helps.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. extrtremedad33,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

The Dynojet Stage 3 kit has the reputation of being a "plug and play" solution, if there is one available for your bike. Otherwise, the above information is a good place to start. Be sure to read your plugs using the "plug chop" method to be sure all the carb circuits are dialed in correctly. You don't want to burn valves or pistons by running too lean.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X