Battery recomendations 1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery recomendations 1100EZ

I've had this stock battery for over three years so it's getting time for me to think about a replacement. Anything special out there other then the stock wet cell with the sensor? SYB14L-A2 if I remember right.

Ive been using generic Road Runner batteries from the Fleet Farm store. They use to be less than 30 bucks. Couple years ago they were 39. Probably closer to 50 now. My sensor wire is connected to the Battery + post so the dash light goes out.

Orig owner ! Nice. I just ran across my 1982 bill of sale in the orig owners manual. There are a few more orig owners around here besides us. Lets see a pic of that ol' dog....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Wally world had stock batteries for 30 bucks last January.

I have recently bought AGM batteries from Batteries + for around twice that. I don't know yet if they are worth the extra dough.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

This is when she was a few months old when I used to commute 75 miles one way with Suzi.

I'll get current pictures after I pull her out the garage and clean the winter dust off. I really wanted a red version but I bought it in May and all the current stock at the dealers was champagne.

Comment

Originally posted by TooManyToys View Post

I really wanted a red version but I bought it in May and all the current stock at the dealers was champagne.
          I got the Candy Fancy Maroon one! Beautiful color, can't match it though, 3 layer paint (silver, maroon, clear). Here it is.

I put a Jell battery in mine, then put an in-line fuse to the
          battery sensor wire, then attached it to the + battery post to get rid of that annoying battery light on the gauge cluster that would otherwise stay on.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I've had this stock battery for over three years so it's getting time for me to think about a replacement. Anything special out there other then the stock wet cell with the sensor? SYB14L-A2 if I remember right.
            Probably time to upgrade to an AGM Maintenance-Free battery, and follow one of the suggestions above, to deal with the fluid level warning light. With a sound charging system, the AGM/Gel batteries by Yuasa, Deka/Big Crank etc. often last 5 years or more...wire in a pig tail connector for a battery tender & you likely won't need to mess with it for years. These offer the advantage of higher CCAs too, compared to the wet cell items. I have always used Yuasa, but my next battery will be a Motobatt, after reading the comparison tests in this thread.
            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Man, I did search but never found that thread.

Comment

FYI, Motobatt dead cell 2 yrs and 3 months in service .... out of warranty.

Comment

FYI, Motobatt dead cell 2 yrs and 3 months in service .... out of warranty.
                  Mine lasted a few months months past the 24 month warranty period too; bike will get a new Yuasa next season.
                  '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                  Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

I have a 2 yr old motobatt & a 6 month old Deka/Big Crank (same battery different label).

Deka's are cheaper & well thought of. Motobatt has 4 terminals which can be useful.
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                    X