No announcement yet.

Welcome to my Click.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST charge the battery !!! 12.11 volts is low !! Should read AT LEAST 12.6

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      FIRST charge the battery !!! 12.11 volts is low !! Should read AT LEAST 12.6
      Better still, charging may do nothing. He needs to see what the battery reads when he pulls a load when hitting the starter. If it bombs out (like dropping from 12 to 6 volts) the battery is trash.

Comment

cafe...Nice..

Looking to do the same with my GS looking for advise....Thanks in advance...

Comment

Starter brushes did the trick!! Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Yep, I was gonna say what Redman just said.

If you cross the two big posts on the solenoid, you should NOT hear a click, you should hear the starter turn.
            Crossing the two big posts does NOT energize the solenoid for the "click".

What if it does?

I laid a screwdriver across the posts and hit the starter button, single click for each push. It was chattering at first so I rechecked all grounds and tried again, now I just get the single click. Maybe I'm doing somethin else wrong?

Glad you got it going 0mental0!

Comment

My understanding is if you lay the screwdriver across the terminals, you shouldn't need to push the start button. It should create direct power to the starter, and it should spin. My brushes were well worn down and after looking at them they were not making contact.

Comment

Working...
              X