Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

I just thought it might be fun to gawk at all our injury pics and X-rays.
    Good therapy too, help the healing process along, blah blah…

My own busted clavicle, 3-14-2011
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Jeez good break man. Nobody can say thats a hairline fracture

Comment

Result of my high side get off at Brown County rally, 2008. This was the day I got the cast off, still have the metal plate and 13 screws in there.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        Result of my high side get off at Brown County rally, 2008.
        My ex son-in law has that exact same scar ! On both wrists . Snowmobile accident. $25K per wrist.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          My ex son-in law has that exact same scar ! On both wrists . Snowmobile accident. $25K per wrist.
          I'm still paying on my share of that one after insurance paid.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I've been fortunate. I've broken bones doing everything else, but the worst a motorcycle has done to me is bang me up black and blue and make me hobble around for a few days, nothing broken.

Earl
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Clicky on second pic
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I try to get rid of the "evidence" so dont have much for pictures or saved xrays. but fractured my right elbow at the joint in 3 spots, doctor said usually the lower arm breaks first in a fall like that but since my bones where strong it broke further up.

Also have had about 50ish stitches all on the head and several other cuts that should have been stitched i just didnt bother to go in for. Usually it is low speed things like snowboarding, skateboarding, or soccer. I am extra careful on the bike and definitely go heavy on the gear.

Comment

I was degreeing my cams with my high performance degree wheel indicator combo gasket scraper.

Comment

I don't have digital copies, but on the wall in my garage I have the MRI scans from my shoulder and knee injuries, after my 'man and bike vs wild' injury a few years a go
                    The shoulder was dislocated and 2/3 of the tendons and ligaments were ripped from the shoulder blade, as well as breaking the "cup" and denting the "ball".
                    This is what happens when a clutch fights back, can't see it so well in this picture but that scoop goes to the bone, and yes I did say something that sounded a lot like clucking bell...

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                      I was degreeing my cams with my high performance degree wheel indicator combo gasket scraper.
                      Did you call 911?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Did you call 911?

Daniel
                        I would have but I fainted; The bleeding had subsided by the time I woke

Comment

Where is that photo of the fingers that went between the chain and sprocket ? Gnarly !!
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Don't have any good pictures.

Got hit by a Work truck on a customers XVS65. Was stopped making a left turn. Somehow (and I still don't know how it happened) my fastened helmet came off (still fastened). Truck used my head to slow down i think 80 something feet later.

Crushed top of my skull like an egg (so I hear, but that was good as it allowed everything to swell), caused nerve damage in right eye (blind), broke my jaw top and bottom [the hospital cut off my goatee :-( ] and around my eye, tore off left ear, broke both bones in left forearm, tore flesh off rightside fingertips and lost a few nails, and tore a chunk off my shin that went to the bone and tore skin off my feet (knocked my shoes and my wallet off). Heart stopped 3 times on helo, dunno about at the hospital. Woke up later and tried to get out of bed and go to work (thought i would be late getting back and be fired)

Broke collar bone on left side in 2 spots next time i rode dirt (didnt go to hospital till already healed - that was a bad idea)

tried to have an ear made, surgery continually failed over a 2 to 3 year span, large scarring from skin graft on collarbone and left thigh (explains my hairy ear) and large scars from surgery above left ear, doctor didnt respect my request to remove failed ear and left large lump of skin there after removing the prosthetic structure.

Also got a big scar splitting my eyebrow from wrecking a bicycle while drinking.

Missed both years of highschool prom in the hospital from concussions and such back when I rode dirt all the time

That's all the good ones. I did run a 1/8" bit through my birdie finger the other day
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-04-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                              ugh.....uuuh....gaggg....bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa

Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                              X