Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

On June 20 of 2009 I was on Angeles Crest Highway and mis-handled a curve containing rocks and gravel. You can click on the link in my sig and read the entire sordid tale if you like.

Here's an x-ray of my broken left pinky finger.

Here are a couple of x-rays of my shattered kneecap after the surgery. ( I don't have any 'before' pictures.)

Here's what it looked like on the outside.

Here I am in my knee brace, cast, and walker next to my busted up Jessie.

Click the thumbnail in my sig to see what Jessie looks like today.

I'm surprised you survived your accident Mr. posplayr. It must've been touch-and-go for a while. What a close call. You take it easy there Jim.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Don't shoot!

Wow, such ugly stuff.
      Cliff, I got to ask, how do they get those pins in there? Do they shoot them in with an air powered gun, or tap them in with a hammer?
      Ow, ow, OW!
      Bill
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Hi Bill,

They use a staple gun. To get them out? A staple puller. Really!

And naw, it didn't hurt.

Chef's pins weren't pretty but Scott's arm was downright ugly.

BassCliff

Comment

Left leg, hit by a flying 4X4 at 120 km/hFrom LEFT LEG XRAYS">From LEFT LEG XRAYS">From LEFT LEG XRAYSFrom LEFT LEG XRAYS">From LEFT LEG XRAYSFrom LEFT LEG XRAYS

Comment

Sorry, don't know why pictures doubled up

Comment

Wow Mr. Richsuz!

It looks like you and I had a similar procedure on the kneecap. But you have a LOT more hardware in your leg than I. Does it give you trouble in the airport? I imagine you are setting off metal detectors for miles around.

BassCliff
              Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Was anyone here awake when wheeled into the operating room? I was, they had given me something to lull me down but I wasn't out when they wheeled me in. Not what I was expecting, looked more like a Carpentry shop, Drills, hammers, chisels, a Sawzall.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Man all you guys are making me queasy!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                    Was anyone here awake when wheeled into the operating room?
                    Yes, I was. The doctor was younger than I and everybody else looked like they were in high school. I must be getting old.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                      Man all you guys are making me queasy!

(j/k)

Not a thread for dinner time, eh?

Bill! I just looked at your video. Your hand was really funky looking when it came out of the cast. Eeeww!

BassCliff
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post

(j/k)

Not a thread for dinner time, eh?

Bill! I just looked at your video. Your hand was really funky looking when it came out of the cast. Eeeww!

BassCliff
                        A little discolored eh?
                        One of the pins hurt so bad when it was removed I almost jumped out of my chair.
                        So much for macho.
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If I had known that…

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                          Was anyone here awake when wheeled into the operating room? I was, they had given me something to lull me down but I wasn't out when they wheeled me in. Not what I was expecting, looked more like a Carpentry shop, Drills, hammers, chisels, a Sawzall.
                          Wow, Really? I'm so good with tools!
                          I think I chose the wrong carrier, I could have made my mother proud too, and “I could have been somebody.” If I had known that back in the day, I would have studied medicine.
                          Bill
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

This is a sick, disgusting, morbid thread!

I love it!

Comment

Wow Mr. Richsuz!

It looks like you and I had a similar procedure on the kneecap. But you have a LOT more hardware in your leg than I. Does it give you trouble in the airport? I image you are setting off metal detectors for miles around.

BassCliff
                              Well Cliff, I have not flown since the accident. But I did enter the US embassy in Guatemala, with all their sophisticated anti-terrorist security. Their machine picked up a matchbook in my pocket but the leg did not set off any bells! Add to that two 6 inch bars and four screws from a horse back accident, I am carrying abut 7 pounds of hardware in my body.
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Did you loose some chops?

Here I am in my knee brace, cast, and walker next to my busted up Jessie.

BassCliff
                                So, how hard was it to play bass?

Bill
                                Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 04-10-2011, 08:24 AM. Reason: Turn it down!

Comment

Working...
                                X