Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery of Injurys and X-Rays, post your own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left turner got me at 40 mph. Radial fracture in LH elbow, broken bone in RH hand, cartilage damage and tore quadriceps tendon in RH knee, severe ankle sprain, and lots of bruising (I'll spare you guys the photos of my junk).

Surgery on my knee was performed under an epidural. Two med students must have done the work (county hospital) because I remember rap music playing in the operating room...and I was so drugged up it sounded pretty good. Surreal experience.

Last edited by Nessism; 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Hi,

Nice legs Ed!

Thank you for your indulgence (I think),

BassCliff

Comment

Nasty tumble…

Ouch!
        Ed it looks like you weren't wearing so much gear, what did you have on?
        Bill
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Ouch!
          Ed it looks like you weren't wearing so much gear, what did you have on?
          Bill
          Not enough; regular work clothes w/helmet, gloves, and non padded jacket. Learned my lesson big time.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

THis is one tread I do not want to contriblute to, well, not be able to contribute to.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Private club, with special qualifications

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              THis is one tread I do not want to contriblute to, well, not be able to contribute to.

Hey Dave,
              Well we got a private club here, however new members are immediately accepted after completing the qualification ritual.
              Bill
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Hi Bill, hows the recovery going?.Have been away for a while helping a friend in Holland work on his house, the only good injury pic I have is from when a set of 4 ton ratchet pulley blocks slipped and broke my nose last month-does that count??? but I can't put it on here as photobucket are doing work on their site, when it's running in the mean time keep practicing that Jeff Healy technique ok. Johnny

Comment

How bout a drawing a diagram?

Hey Johnny!
                  Can you do a pencil diagram of your medical history?
                  Pencil drawings of injuries might be funny, we're mostly not serious here.
                  Bill

Comment

Hey Richsuz, thats one nasty fracture(s). I am an athletic trainer and I used to work in a P.T. clinic and have seen some bad injuries post surgical. Yours has to be one of the worst. I bet you are not pain-free and never will be???

BassCliff, i'm sure you'll need some running boards at some point so you can stretch out that knee of yours. Must get achy on those longer rides.
                    1979 GS850G
                    2004 SV650N track bike
                    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

How Ironfoot got his name.

A result of working too many hours with not enough sleep; fortunately no one else was involved in this auto accident when I fell asleep at the wheel while coming home from work, went off the road about 200 yards, and into a tree. I was pinned in the vehicle, and was unable to reach my cell phone which had fallen into the passenger side; it was early January and the cold lowered my body temp enough that I did not bleed too death as I wasn't found until the next day.

The following were about 2 month's after the accident. What you can't see was the 3 inches of missing bone above the ankle which had pulverized with the impact with the tree.

These are 8 years later after 7 surgeries and bone grafts (off my hips).

This is one of many injury's from the accident; the surgeons recommended amputation of both feet above the ankle as they were so severe that they did not hold much hope that attempted repairs would work because of my age. My son and wife insisted they try. As a result I have a dozen screws and plates in the ankle pictured and half that in the other ankle (now both encrusted with bone growth), and I am able to walk normally. Maybe "Ironfeet" would have been a better user name but it didn't sound right

The important part is, especially in these workaholic times, that people realize how important getting proper rest is. I was working 80 to 120 hours a week at the time and thought I was okay; I was no better than a drunk driver. Like I said, it was fortunate that no one else was hurt or killed; a tragedy that would be worse than personal injuries to live with.

Comment

Though it's been a year since I went down, I still keep a bottle of IBU in my tank bag. The cursed age thing, getting broken, and hours in the saddle make it a must. On Monday, I'm heading out on a road trip of about 1700 miles......with a full bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
                          Hey Richsuz, thats one nasty fracture(s). I am an athletic trainer and I used to work in a P.T. clinic and have seen some bad injuries post surgical. Yours has to be one of the worst. I bet you are not pain-free and never will be???

BassCliff, i'm sure you'll need some running boards at some point so you can stretch out that knee of yours. Must get achy on those longer rides.
                          Pain is very manageable. Doing 20 mins on the threadmill, 15 mins of stationary bike, 4 sets of 25 squats, 4 sets of leg lifts with 40 lb loads every other day. the limping is beggining to go away, more noticeable after walking more than 4 kms.

Comment

I love my job!

Originally posted by ironfoot View Post
                            A result of working too many hours with not enough sleep; The important part is, especially in these workaholic times, that people realize how important getting proper rest is. I was working 80 to 120 hours a week at the time and thought I was okay; I was no better than a drunk driver. Like I said, it was fortunate that no one else was hurt or killed; a tragedy that would be worse than personal injuries to live with.
                            WOW! So. Iron Feet, what kind of work was so much fun you were doing 120 hours a week?
                            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                              WOW! So. Iron Feet, what kind of work was so much fun you were doing 120 hours a week?
                              Bill
                              Railroad, as a supervisor in charge of rail yard operations. Most other types of railroad work are covered by hours of services rules (engineers, conductors, etc.); this job is not and I was the only guy left with experience after a co-worker died and another retired. Compensation was good, but it nearly killed me.

Comment

why i will always love my old grand marquis (thats no fish eye effect, the car really bent around that much)

I was fresh off from working my third 20 hour shift in a row. I didnt feel tired, but my body was. I passed out at the wheel at around 65 mph on a nice rainy day. I never hit the brakes. i hit one little tree that rotated my car 90 degrees so i could slide sideways and smack perfectly into that tree. My passenger seat was crush down to about 3 inches wide. My seat tilted up pinning my leg against the steering wheel. and i hit my head on something. The dr's and the medics think it was the tree due to the blunt force type of laceration i received. My doctor said that i had the highest grade of concussion they had ever seen without resulting brain damage. I had post concussive migraines for 2 years afterwards. Plus the brainfuzzies and local nerve damage that makes scratches feel like burns(both of which are permanent). The cut had a running suture in the subcutaneous, and I cant remeber how many stitches in the dermis and epidermis. Apparently i had a nice scuff mark on my skull which also added to the confussion of how i survived. It was a miracle. To top it off...i was only in for 24 hours of observation.
                                So yeah...i may not have got banged up to bad, but it is still the worst im hoping ever happens to me.
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: spellign and the such

Comment

Working...
                                X