No announcement yet.

Yreka to Arcata, Califorina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah sweet memories those pics bring back. I lived in Southern Humboldt on a couple of occasions back in the day. The rides in that part of the world are amazing, whether by scoot, car, or even a pedal-powered two wheeler.

I agree with your comment about the night life though. Couple that with the fog and you need to be VERY careful.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hi Charlie,

Hwy 3 from Yreka to Weaverville is also a Great ride. 25 miles from Trinity Lake Center is where my girl Friend totaled her trike and herself. It is a sweet ride with lots of good twisties.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead View Post
        Hi Charlie,

Hwy 3 from Yreka to Weaverville is also a Great ride. 25 miles from Trinity Lake Center is where my girl Friend totaled her trike and herself. It is a sweet ride with lots of good twisties.
        Nice to see you caught this thread. I love the section of Highway 3 over Scott Mt., heading toward Callahan. I'm trying to work that into the ride this fall. Take care and stay in touch.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks for the pics Charlie. I'm planning a trip south this summer, and looking for any and all diversions, along the way. This looks like a good one.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Hwy 3 to 36 to Fortuna - 299 to 96 to Yreka would be a Great ride but may be a little too far but since it includes such varied scenery including redwoods might be a Great all dayer.

Great that your putting this together Charlie. The Guys will love it.

Steve

Comment

Yreka to Arcata

Yo, Charlie:
              Give me a shout the next time you want to ride.

Bob Young
              State of Jefferson
              '86 Concours
              '83 GS1100G"L"

Comment

I was at the forks of salmon, "Beer Tree" hanging out a few summers back gold mining. Beautiful ride out there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrenchman View Post
                  I was at the forks of salmon, "Beer Tree" hanging out a few summers back gold mining. Beautiful ride out there!!!
                  I was there a few weeks, having a root beer, chatting away in the shade. Welcome to the forum. It's an honor to have your first post in this thread.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                  X