Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this may sound odd considering you have no idea who I am, but I am so glad you came out okay and are making a speedy recovery!

A few years back I broke my neck in a truck accident as well. Physical therapy is painful, and I have pain in my neck every day, but it is so much better than being dead I'll tell you that. As of now (aside from the ache), I can do everything anyone else can, and I know it'll be the same for you .

I hope rehab goes great for ya, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Comment

Patti, I just saw this... I don't even know where to begin! You've been through so much. As Mammy said to Scarlet: "You've been strong for such a long time. You need to just keep on being strong."

It sounds like your recovery is moving along... I'll be thinking about you (I often do, anyway) and am wishing you a great big pile of happiness, because you really deserve it hon!

Comment

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
        Patti, I just saw this... I don't even know where to begin! You've been through so much. As Mammy said to Scarlet: "You've been strong for such a long time. You need to just keep on being strong."

It sounds like your recovery is moving along... I'll be thinking about you (I often do, anyway) and am wishing you a great big pile of happiness, because you really deserve it hon!
        You and me both Shirl! I've been offsite since May, and this is heartbreaking and relieving at the same time.

Patti, stay strong, pull through it all. You've been through much worse and your mettle has always made the rest of us stronger with you.

Brad bk

Comment

I just saw this. I'm praying that you'll make a full recovery. I was just through your area on May 29th on my way to San Ysidro, Ca to start a 4 corners run and then again on my way home after I stopped to see some friends in Mesa. I even called to see if you wanted to do lunch when I was getting close to Camp Verde.

Get better, and get back in action. I'd much rather hear about you taking on a major company that hear you about you being in the hospital.

Mike

Comment

Thank you, EVERY ONE, You sure do bring my spirits up.

Good news, friends ! I bought a new battery for my 75 El Camino.
            It was in very good shape, motor and tran, And I really always wanted one anyway. I bought it about 3 yrs ago....
            Well, we gave it a try, and it started right up and ran like a top today.

Have to get te Plates and ins., to get it on the road..
            I still need an outer starter-motor gear, the larger one on the outside.
            It's GS1100,1981. Ray is short on them.

Luv all of you!
            Gramma Sunshine

ps. Also I must get the doctors permission to drive.

Comment

ps. Also I must get the doctors permission to drive.
              Drive? Ride instead! Nice to hear you are doing alright. Billy O is visiting AZ first week of Nov. He'll be in the valley. Get a ride down and visit.
              EULC ON

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
                Thank you, EVERY ONE, You sure do bring my spirits up.

It was in very good shape, motor and tran, And I really always wanted one anyway. I bought it about 3 yrs ago....
                Well, we gave it a try, and it started right up and ran like a top today.

Have to get te Plates and ins., to get it on the road..
                I still need an outer starter-motor gear, the larger one on the outside.
                It's GS1100,1981
                . Ray is short on them.

Luv all of you!
                Gramma Sunshine

An "outer starter-motor gear, the larger one on the outside. "?

I may still have an old starter off the 1100G somewhere in the garage, but I only recall there being one small gear on the starter shaft.
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                  An "outer starter-motor gear, the larger one on the outside. "?

I may still have an old starter off the 1100G somewhere in the garage, but I only recall there being one small gear on the starter shaft.
                  I think she needs the gear that is between the starter gear and the starter clutch, an idler gear of sorts.

Comment

HTML Code:
                    Well, we gave it a try, and it started right up and ran like a top today. :D
                    You have a 75 ElCamino??? You are a lucky dog lucky dog!!!

I dont know you but you are in my prayers for a heathy recovery. Great Luck in the future.
                    May the Good Lord in Heaven smile on you

Comment

gsbill: I did get a call from Billy O. when he came to Pheonix. It was good to hear he's now happily married with a baby daughter! How wonderful.

Ron, yes, that is the right gear I need! Ray know which one....
                      I have to get in touch with Ray in Calif. to get the rest of my parts back. I might owe him more $$$ than I sent.

Billy, Could you ask Ray if it will fit and let me know how much it is? You may be a lifesaver.

Scrapper: Yes the El Camino runs like a top!!
                      I took it to a local mechanic for a tune up and had to bring it back 3 times !! It kept backfiring a real lot. I figured it was undriveable...That took 3 weeks and cost me $248.00... Of course I was not amused.
                      2 weeks after that, my x-hubby looked at it and two plug wires were on the wrong plugs. (I got new plugs and all new plug wires...) I gave the guy a good dressing down today, and he agreed to give my 'x' $50.00, for fixing his mistake. Not a real bad deal.
                      But it purrs like a kitten now. It's got a 350 and has plenty of power.
                      ALSO...Thanks for the prayers!

Mike; Wow that was juat 5 days before my crash. Very sorry I missed you!

Miss Fab, I miss you too! If you still have my # feel free to call me, or
                      you can always pm me...Luv !!!

DrunkenChekhov: Nice to meet such a nice new family member. Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers.

And everybody else...STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND KEEP YOUR HEADS LOW....
                      ESPECIALLY....... BE EXTRA CAREFUL DRIVING.......PLEASE !!!

Much love,
                      pmint

I'm still going to physical therapy for my broken neck
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Just read this Pmint. Glad you're on the mend.
                        Hope your Thanksgiving was nice and hope the holidays are good to you. Just be careful if you go shopping, I hear it's brutal out there. Some lady in a nearby town made headlines a couple days ago when she pepper sprayed several other shoppers who shopped a little too close to her. She escaped but turned herself in today. She's charged with battery. Several counts I think. Crazy stuff.
                        You lucky dog. I looovvve El Camino's. Take care.
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Thanks Keith, and everyone who has helped me thru this most trying of times. If I could only tell all you newer guys about the miracles that've witnessed on this site.
                          Indeed, you are ALL very important... WE are all important to each other. Gramma knows....
                          Sorry I havent spent much time on the computer in a lot of months. My right hand was messed up pretty bad, still is a little. I have about 70-80% usage...(same in my right ankle). I had to learn to write all over again. but, all those good thoughts and prayers have taken me a long way, and I know they still continue. Maybe another miracle will happen and I'll get my 'stuff' together! (...and use my computer more. I do owe you guys, you've always been there for me...

My friend who alerted you guys to my recent truck accident, Bob, has moved in my 2nd bedroome, as he has lost his home due to the economy. this housing thing is criminal!

Justgot company...more later.

Much love,
                          pmint

Comment

Update: I started taking guitar lessons a couple of weeks ago.
                            I'm dying to get back riding again. (Just another one of my jokes...)
                            I've also heard from Ray, about my parts.
                            He sure is a kind, and a one of a kind, sort of guy.

Thanks again Ray, I'll pm you soon.
                            pmint

Comment

Guitar lessons! That'll thera-pute some mobility back into those creaky digits!

Hope you're well, Patti. We miss you!

Comment

Hi Mike!
                                Long time no type (from me)
                                Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Guitar seems to be the thing out here in the sticks.
                                You ever coming this way?
                                pmint

Comment

Working...
                                X