Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR cams on GS1100E - no tach gear?

Hi there,

New to the forum - fixing up an '81 GS1100E. I see why you love these things. Anyways, I've read that some owners have installed '88/'89 GSXR 750 and 1100 cams with good success. However, I notice that the GSXR exhaust cams do not have the tachometer worm gear on them....how do you get your tach drive if you install these cams

You don't! Simple as that. Call me at 714--356-7845 if you have questions as I do this mod quite a bit & specialize in GS 1100s & 1150s. Ray.

Comment

OK, so with the GSXR cam you have to go with electronic tach (and ignition with a tach output I'm guessing).

The other thing is that these cams are bit shorter than than gs cams. Doesn't look like it would be enough to have a great effect on them, but are they still lubricated enough when in the GS?

I'm only asking because there are a pair that are easily available to me.

Comment

Don't take a chance on oiling the cams. Buy a top end oiler and you won't have to worry. They are cheap and easy to install. And who needs a tach anyways...
        Curt
        sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by GSster View Post
          OK, so with the GSXR cam you have to go with electronic tach (and ignition with a tach output I'm guessing).

The other thing is that these cams are bit shorter than than gs cams. Doesn't look like it would be enough to have a great effect on them, but are they still lubricated enough when in the GS?

I'm only asking because there are a pair that are easily available to me.
          Again, CALL me. Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X