Stock GS1100E compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock GS1100E compression?

Does anyone know the corresponding psi value for stock compression on an 82 GS1100E? The reason I ask is because I just bought the bike and it has a sticker on it for wiseco pistons and I want to know if they are actually in there without pulling the heads. So I figured I'd use a compression tester to see if it is stock or not. Any input?

Thanks,

Sami

Never mind! Found it in my manual... It's 121-178 psi,figured I'd post it for the next person who might be wondering

Comment

How many heads does your motor have? Ray.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're making a back-handed comment here or not, because I know you have quite a lot of experience with these motors, but I'll answer anyway and assume it was friendly curiosity. Well 4 cylinders have 4 heads as far as I'm concerned... I understand that on these bikes they are machined out of one piece of metal and are therefore referred to as one "head". I've only had this bike for a couple weeks so I'm still getting used to the symantics.

Sami

Comment

Originally posted by tumbleweed View Post
          I'm not sure if you're making a back-handed comment here or not, because I know you have quite a lot of experience with these motors, but I'll answer anyway and assume it was friendly curiosity. Well 4 cylinders have 4 heads as far as I'm concerned... I understand that on these bikes they are machined out of one piece of metal and are therefore referred to as one "head". I've only had this bike for a couple weeks so I'm still getting used to the symantics.

Sami
          He was being funny since you stated heads in your first post.
          I laughed a little
          no offfense
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            He was being funny since you stated heads in your first post.
            I laughed a little
            no offfense
            And here I always thought my 327 had two heads instead of 8

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              And here I always thought my 327 had two heads instead of 8
              I had a sbc 350 that had three heads but that was after leaving oil and antifreeze all over the track.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Sami,the crank has six main bearings,so to build from the crank up ,all the stickers,barcodes should come off, use plenty of heavy grease on each bearing,hope I helped Eric

Comment

Have a gs1100e motor as well as a 750 motor,a nice running 81 gs 1100e all for sale,the bike has 34k on it,fast and fun,nortonman@Verizon.net. EST

Comment

Originally posted by Nortonman View Post
                    Sami,the crank has six main bearings,so to build from the crank up ,all the stickers,barcodes should come off, use plenty of heavy grease on each bearing,hope I helped Eric
                    Awesome first post Nortonman. You are going to fit in here just fine.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Come on guys...at least he has a GS. Bill..I laughed some myself ! Jim, you have a 327..? Excellent, GOOD motor. ! Those things would RPM to the moon.
                      Terry
                      1980 Suzuki GS550E, 1981 Suzuki GS 1100EX all stock, 1983 Suzuki GS 1100EX modified, 1985 GS1150E, 1998 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1971 Kawasaki Mach lll 500 H1, 1973 Kawasaki Mach lV 750 H2.

Comment

Working...
                      X