!!! Winners circle thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta brag a little bit...
    My wife)Lisa Bennett) and I race all of the NHRA Division 4 races and the PMRA series in Top Gas. This past weekend she wrapped up the NHRA Division 4 Sportsman Motorcycle Championship in Houston with a semi final showing, I lost in the final. She led the points from mid May and came within 1 round a few times of losing it. Kept her composure never showing any stress or letting the pressure get to her. I build and maintain her bike but at the track she makes all the tuning and clutch calls. What an awesome finish to the year.

Comment

Comment

congrats!! for your NHRA divisional season how did you do in PMRA top gas?

The Klemmes' are an incredible bracket racing force to deal with. They roll in and just win win win.. I wish I were on the caravan down there. I'd love to have front row seats when the "local" issue came up. It ain't right! it just aint right! OH I can hear him from here!! That old man in the 1970's was pretty well known. ha ha ha maybe he'll get a rule book and read it. The officials apoligized over and over for his rude actions towards a group of visitors. to be more correct-- National Chamnpionship Bound Visitors. Pamona yeah!!

I saw your pictures in National Dragster and the post on dragbike.com. I haven't made it to TX/OK/ yet but I'm going to get into the Pamona race somehow as long as the bracket final events are not overlapping...div 2-3-4-5 I'll get there.

Sorry to hear about the track in Tulsa closing. I hear they were some great 'ol boys.

-
        -
        thx Curt , it felt good seeing you at the starting line. I spun at the start and drifted into the middle but had 3 secret hudreths in the bag so I layed on it and ran it out the back door. I caught him right at the line and snatched it at 80 mph faster. zoom zoom - win light
        Last edited by trippivot; 10-25-2011, 12:23 PM.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

CONGRATS to Lisa!!! Is that the same bike that had the left side of the motor make the hasty exit? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
            congrats!! for your NHRA divisional season how did you do in PMRA top gas?
            I believe she finished 4th in T/G this year. Thats not saying much though. She won one race but we were only able to attend 3 races this year due to scheduling conflicts and PMRA had a fairly low T/G turnout this year. I ran P/ET for the year, trying to get my bike to run consistent T/G numbers has not been easy. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
              CONGRATS to Lisa!!! Is that the same bike that had the left side of the motor make the hasty exit? Ray.
              Yes. Same bike just removed the front fairing for this year.

Comment

It's Pomona Ca.. Don't know what I could do to help ?? I'm 10 minutes from Parker Ave

Comment

here is a cool video of the NHRA finals

catch the handshake?

man Tom is a lucky devil - nah scratch that he's a great racer.

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpP_d...ature=youtu.be

here is a cool video of the NHRA finals

catch the handshake?

man Tom is a lucky devil - nah scratch that he's a great racer.
                    Yes it is. You mean the one from "sarge". And yes, he is. I'd give my only kidney to be that good...
                    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

has anyone won something this year?

just curious if someone has had some success this year . - I won a trophy on belucci's street bike this summer.. still trying with the big bike

Kingovenus are you going to the thunder division finals with team WIR? sep. 17~21 martin MI -- I qualified for the GLD team.

Comment

Nope. I didn't race this year, really couldn't afford it with no job. But i did goon for the kid, and he can't spare the time off. He's currently in 7th place in Import (cars/sleds/bikes) class, won 2 finals. I don't think there are any bikes from here going....
                        Last edited by kingofvenus; 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

2 wins! Excellent - congrats to you and your son! hope it is not too long for you to get back in the saddle

I heard about the import class from the travelling sled guys -interesting concept -- I want to get me some of that action.

hope there are more of us GSR'ers winning on GS power! go team!

Comment

Thanks, I'll be playing with a street bike next year for sure. The word around here is the import class won't be back next year.

Comment

sep. 17~20

ok so I did not win the whole race but I was a team member on Great lakes dragaway bracket final team. We raced at Martin MI US131 motorplex . IHRA division 5 Thunder .

My GS did get Best appearing motorcycle. and a photo opp. in the winners circle.

20150919_132136.jpg,

Comment

20150919_104823.jpg Like to thank Redline cycles, The GS resources, Summit racing parts , the IHRA , Hoosier tires , Spectro oil, Sunnoco fuels , Yuasa Batteries, and US131 .

see you at the track.

Comment

Working...
                                X