No announcement yet.

!!! Winners circle thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the photo op, and the trophy on the ES. What kind of times are you running with the ES? Have a good autumn and will talk to you one of these days...
    Curt
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

snap shot of a good day.

winner circle.jpg this is what teamwork can do.
      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Great team photo... Hoping to go to the Nationals down here on Oct. 18 to see the big kids race...Weather is finally cool enough to spend time outside...
        Curt

Comment

great I hope you get to talk to the teams ! You know how I love ProStock motorcycle - with Nitro bikes following a close second!!!

Curt your ES is heavy and the brakes drag a little but we are at 12.80 @ 115 - Still running that Goldwing front tire backwards. IT HOOKS!

Comment

Hey Tripp, Just got word that there will be a bike/sled only class up here at WIR next year. And we can still run in one of the other box or nobox car classes too if so inclined.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Glad you are having fun with the ES. I really miss going up to Union Grove to race. Its just no fun down here without you guys... Stay healthy.
              Curt

Comment

I wanted to go the Kaukauna this year - never made it - the guys were really friendly at the bracket finals -and a bunch of GLD guys were racing for your team . Marcel had a fit - any way I will try again next year... is it really a dust bowl? I was told to bring air filters.

TX no fun? you'll have to change that. our visit was too short ... you were only here for a blink - But I told you I would have a bike for you to ride!!! your ES? I'm going to put it in the corner for a couple years - I'm starting a Harley sportster drag bike.

Comment

Got to the Nationals. Had a good time. Not many bikes but lots of nitro cars. Weather is cooling down finally. Still missing the gang a bunch... I will call around Thanksgiving...
                  Curt

Comment

Patricia hit pretty hard eh? are you starting to dry out?

Hi Curt! we got our picture taken in the winner circle - but not for winning a race -

Top left corner of page 73 in the latest I.H.R.A. drag review magazine - while attending the div.5 IHRA bracket finals, my bike won best appearing motorcycle of the event.

made it through a couple rounds but in the end were eliminated by a .03 margin -- good weekend . team G.L.D. finished 10 out of 11 .. end of the season. engine out and on bench.

look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

What are you doing to the motor Jeff? Just freshening or more power?
                      Ray.

Comment

I don't let the epoxy in the head freeze - it is the crown jewel to my big engine so I take it inside and pop out the cams until spring. this year no tear down - may have an hour run time on it / poss. 40 passes - plenty of info for next year.

Comment

What is this word "freeze" that you speak of?
                          Ray.

Comment

Great picture in the magazine... Things are boring here in Dallas/Plano. Nobody to go racing with this season. Stay warm this winter. Hey Ray. Good to see you in the forum.
                            Curt

Comment

image.jpgNot the winners circle but he did win one race and missed one race and still scored a #3 plate in Pro ET. In the Man Cup series.
                              Rick Eaton is a friend of mine that I am building for and teaching to build the right way. I also help him out pitting for him whenever I can. We just built him a 1260 motor to start out the new season with. When guys I build for do good it make me feel good.
                              My stable
                              84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                              85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                              88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                              98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                              90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                              06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                              00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Good Job - congratulations . damn proud to hear about it happy we are in the loop because #3 ain't small potatoes keep up the good work -- 1260 kits are impressive and reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                X