Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....on a streetbike!

That takes BALLS!
    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
    '84 Honda VFR 500
    '86 GSXR 750
    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Indeed it does!

There was an article in the Aussie fortnightly news rag here (Australian Motorcycle News) a year or two ago where one of the guys went over and apparently you can pay some $$$ into a ticket machine and go for a lap of the circuit pretty much anytime you please.

The downside as you can see in that video is that anyone can do it at anytime, so you will be sharing the track with cages
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

The fastest I saw was 273kph which I believe is 170mph. Cookin......!
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I went round there with some mates a good few years back. Paid about £70 for 8 laps I think it was - you could buy individual laps for around a £15. I wouldn't go back as it's too bloody dangerous. The place just attracts idiots (in cars and on bikes) and there were accidents all over the place.

I'm surprised that guy got a flat out lap in. We couldn't have done.

The local boys can blow everyone away as you really need to know the track like the back of your hand if you are going to wing it (lots of blind bends / summits etc). Plus the tarmac isn't very clever in places.

Worth riding once just to say you've 'raced' there but don't be tempted to push on too much. Just the same as the IOM in that respect.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Sick lap.
          Anyone know what bike he's got?

No tourist buses on this lap. That helps.
          Those sweeping curves at about 4 minutes at 220-240 are just naughty, and when he passes not one but TWO hot riders on the outside I just laughed.

Good clip!

Comment

Does it count as it wasnt a full lap or is that how that say its a lap? Still had more straight.

Comment

Clilds play... Someone fly me over there, buy me a ticket, borrow me about $10,000, and give me a bike to use, and I'll go over there and do a lap.

Comment

That was beautiful. I would like to know what bike it was. Looked like he was held up by other bikes for about three seconds in one set of corners, so he has a faster lap in him.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                  Does it count as it wasnt a full lap or is that how that say its a lap? Still had more straight.

That is an "official" lap of the 'ring. The moment you cross under the footbridge at the entry of the straight, the lap is done as far as time is concerned.

The long straight is used for entry, exit, and the location of the toll booth on days when the track is open to the public, so there is no way to drive it flat out if you're not a pro driver in an official race.

Comment

Originally posted by 81gs1100 View Post
                    Clilds play... Someone fly me over there, buy me a ticket, borrow me about $10,000, and give me a bike to use, and I'll go over there and do a lap.
                    Yeah,but how fast, Freddie?
                    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                    '84 Honda VFR 500
                    '86 GSXR 750
                    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Originally posted by caligs View Post
                      Yeah,but how fast, Freddie?
                      Guess you'll have to pay up and find out :P

Comment

Minus the traffic, it looked like he was having FUN!!!

Comment

That. Is. Wild.
                          Spinning up the rear everywhere.

Looks like an absolute blast...and incredibly dangerous.

Obviously, the rider's pretty familiar with the place.
                          Wonder what bike they are on?

Comment

Working...
                          X