Lost my helmet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my helmet!

4:30am.. I get to my truck(16 foot box). Park the bike to swap vehicles. Put my HJC rps-10(or something like that) on the cab roof of my work truck and drive off. Never even heard it fall. Sucks! Never realized it till I got to my bike this afternoon after work and noticed I didnt have a helmet. It just never even dawned on me during my day that there was no helmet sitting in the passenger seat with my jacket.
    What a putz!
    Not a crazy high dollar lid but I think I paid about 200 bux for it. Had it for a few years. I liked it, lots!!
    Had to walk about a half mile to the "Cycle Gear" retail store to buy another. Ended up getting what looked like a freaking cereal bowl cause there was no way I was paying their prices for a replacement.

Done...
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

cereal bowl. we need pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul's Zuki View Post
      cereal bowl. we need pictures.
      Hear, hear!

One time I put my glasses on the passenger seat so I could put my helmet on. You guessed it, left 'em there.

Lacking hands, they hit the pavement.

But since I didn't notice for seven miles that I wasn't wearing glasses, I gave 'em up.

Time for a new new helmet.
      I just got an Arai Vector for about $300 at motorcyclecloseouts.com
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I sat a sweet pair of Ray Bans on the seat and swung my leg over after doing up the chin strap and crushed them...less than a week old.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Time for a new new helmet.
          I just got an Arai Vector for about $300 at motorcyclecloseouts.com

:Sigh: I have an odd shaped head and cant buy without trying it first.
          So that means I have to pay full retail unless I catch someone having a "last years model" sale.
          I have others but not full face and I dont feel good about dodging deer and Ga June bugs at 4am without all the protection I can have.
          Sheesh, I'm still mad at myself. There is a lesson here someplace.
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
            :Sigh: I have an odd shaped head and cant buy without trying it first.
            So that means I have to pay full retail unless I catch someone having a "last years model" sale.
            I have others but not full face and I dont feel good about dodging deer and Ga June bugs at 4am without all the protection I can have.
            Sheesh, I'm still mad at myself. There is a lesson here someplace.
            Had for a few years, it was close to retirement anyway. Sucks but at least you didn't have a BRAND NEW top of the line KBC stolen out of your car like I did. Really liked that helmet, too.
            As far as buying online: HJC has quite a few different shell shapes so I know what you're saying. But, if ya stick to the same line (usually designated with the first letter ie CL or FS or what have you) they should be same same. And if you shop at new enough (still can't call it by it's new name) their return policy is great.
            I'm gonna be in the market for a replacement for my Shoei next year. I love it but it's about time. Not sure if I'll go with another Shoei or try the vector. My thing is quiet, and my Shoei was that for sure. Hears great things about Arai, but with a price tag above half a grand it better be great. I'll wait and sew what Kerfunk thinks about his Vector as far as the quiet factor.

Comment

Yup...done that with many a pair of sunglasses. That's why I don't pay more than 20 bux for a pair. I did that with my twist on K-40 CB antenna that went with the magnetic base. Took it off to go in a parking garage to pick up my dad or something like that. Placed it on the tonneau cover and had to get something for my dad so went and tended to dad. Totally forgot to put it in the truck. Didn't remember till came back out and hit the road after about 20 minutes on the road it hit me. Went back to see if it was close to pulling out of the parking garage. Never did find it.......

Comment

When I first started riding legally(not too long ago), I had a bad habit of taking my helmet off during re-fuels.

I can't remember how many times I left my helmet on my seat, ran inside to grab a drink, come back out....helmet on the ground.

I scratched the **** out of that thing....glad I got it for under $100.

Comment

If your helmet is old, then leaving it where it can be stolen or dropped provides adequate reason to tell the significant other you need to buy another. Hasn't worked for me yet though. I guess nobody wanted it.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    If your helmet is old, then leaving it where it can be stolen or dropped provides adequate reason to tell the significant other you need to buy another. Hasn't worked for me yet though. I guess nobody wanted it.
                    Except if they steal it 50 mi. from the nearest place u can buy a new one.....It is hard to explain to the LEO that the reason of you riding without a helmet because somebody stole yours....I'm always terrified it ill happen to me one day....
                    Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
                    Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
                    '84 Honda VFR 500
                    '86 GSXR 750
                    http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

This might help. This is for Bell Helmets, there are some close-out full face ones, you might have explore a little to find them. I think I got my helmet here.

sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

And another site. Be sure to click on the close-out tab.

sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I just received a helmet and some visors from thebellstore.
                          They do NOT have everything they list....so it is imperative that you call and talk to them. The sales person was really nice to deal with. Delivery was quick.

Comment

If you lived in NH you wouldn't need a helmet!

Comment

Check the webbikeworld reviews if you want to try the mailorder route again. They always talk about the shape of the helmets a lot. Used it to buy a Bell helmet this summer. Fit just like they said it would.

Comment

Working...
                              X