Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Valves & Petcock

These questions pertain to my 1980 GS850GL

1. Does anyone have or know an inexpensive source for carburetor float valves AKA needle and seats? I need 2.

2. Does anyone know if a different fuel petcock will fit a GL tank? The GL petcock has no selector knob and I would like to be able to physically turn off fuel to the carbs.

Z1 Enterprises will do your float valves at the right price. You're stuck with that fuel tap because of the bolt spacing - though you can put on different types - eg Pingel. Again, have a look at the Z1 website - that'll show you whats available. Personally I wouldn't use a Pingel but others swear by them.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thanks for the info on the petcock.

I could not find just the float valves on Z1’s website. They have the whole kit, but I just need the float valves.

Comment

Try http://www.partsnmore.com/
        I think its a $30 minimum order though

Comment

Thanks!!!

Surprisingly inexpensive kits! I ordered 4!

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. vegasquarterkit,

It seems I'm a little late. Here you are with 10 posts already, and I have yet to to say "Hey!"

Anyway, let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS850G lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X