Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some stranger "moved" my bike.....what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some stranger "moved" my bike.....what would you do?

I just have to get this off of my chest....

So I took the 750 out to the local Suzuki shop on saturday.
    Great day to ride, so why not?

I pull up to the parking area like normal, and see 3 bikes parked.
    I see a nice open spot between them and pull in.

I'm parked on the pavement section where ALL bikes should be.
    But directly in front of me is a cruiser bike parked on the brick-layered walkway, which connects the Honda dealership and Suzuki dealership.
    I'm sort of blocking the cruiser a little bit, since there are other bikes on both sides of me as well.

But I think nothing of it, since this is where the dealers ALWAYS put their demo-bikes out for display....up on the brick walk-way.

Well I'm walking around in the store, and I suddenly hear a piece of **** harley fire up.....and think nothing of it.

I walk out of the store maybe 5 minutes later and All of the bikes are gone, except for mine...and someone ****ing MOVED my bike like 15ft BACK into the parking lot roadway....it was a direct insult!

Then it hit me....that "cruiser" I saw parked up on the walkway, was an idiot customer that thought his HD was special and could park there!

So HE was the prick that moved my bike.

The thing that ****es me off, is that he HAD room to wiggle around me!
    He could have just walked in store and ASKED me to move it!

I almost went into the store to complain to the manager, but I wanted to hurry up and see if I could catch a stoplight with this clown so we could have a "chat".

Hope you carry a length of heavy chain with you, to help you with your "chat"

Comment

If your bike was unharmed just take a chill pill.
      Now, if he was caught red handed actually moving your bike, that's another story.

You don't lock your front wheel?
      If I'm not riding my bikes, the front wheel stays locked, even in the garage.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

It's cheeky but no harm done... He could have knocked it over or scratched it squeezing through....
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Let it go.

Put yourself in his shoes - 'some plonker on an ancient heap of foreign junk (his thoughts not mine) has made it difficult for me to ease my American flag waver out. If that plonker was here now I'd give him a piece of my mind but instead I'll make a point by shifting this POS out of the way'.

Not saying he's right but that's the story (just maybe, possibly) from his side.

You're hacked off as I would be, but it ain't worth dying in a ditch.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

The guy was respectful to remove your bike to a safe location.

Comment

No harm, no foul....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sounds like it was moved purposely out into a traffic area in the parking lot but I would still try to forget it now since he's gone.
                1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                1983 GS 1100 G
                2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

After examining GS and if no problems found,and able to collect my compsure to be civil/somewhat calm: I would have talked w/store folk and maybe found something out or not.I wouldn't be ready/able to ride yet anyhow,would need cool out period of sorts. You did very well with it.

Comment

I'm just mad that he deliberately pushed it back out of the parking area and into the roadway....that was just uncalled for.

The ONLY logical reason I can think of, is that the parking lot is slanted uphill.

Maybe he started to roll the bike backwards to move it, and realized he couldn't push it BACK up?

Cause it was sitting sort of sideways....like he gave up? lol

Comment

Start locking the forks?

Comment

Personally I dont touch another persons bike unless granted permission.
                        In this situation I would have just waited for the owner to return to move his bike.

In turn I would expect the same respect.
                        But many dont think this way..
                        sigpic

82 GS850
                        78 GS1000
                        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                        .................________-|___\____
                        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Souske View Post
                          Start locking the forks?
                          Locking forks only ****es off a thief and makes it hard to move a bike for legitimate reasons.

Comment

you should never touch another person's bike unless you have permission or in an emergency. at the very least it's bad manners. that person is very likely a major douche.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              you should never touch another person's bike unless you have permission or in an emergency. at the very least it's bad manners. that person is very likely a major douche.
                              Yeah he's probably one of those 100 mile a year "bikers". parking on the sidewalk is one hint he thinks he's special. If you see it again maybe walk along texting and trip over his hawg. Then sue his arse for parking where he did causing you to hurt yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X