Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some stranger "moved" my bike.....what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
    I'm sort of blocking the cruiser a little bit, since there are other bikes on both sides of me as well.
    I would have chose a different spot to park. BTDT. When I pulled up to the "Bike only" spot there was a trike squeezed in there. I just moved on and took up a whole car spot.... like he should have.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Seems to me the story might sound a little different from the other perspective, maybe something like, "Hey, I had to move your bike so I could get out without taking a chance on bumping into it." Still, on those very rare occasions I've had to move someone else's bike I make a point of putting it back after I get mine out. And, I don't move the other bike until I've tried and failed to contact the other rider to ask about moving it. As long as no harm was done...let it go.

Comment

Next time chose a different parking spot and there will be no problem !!!!!!

Comment

If it were me, I'd just be happy that he didn't steal it.
          If there wasn't any damage done, I'd probably think it over for about 15 seconds and forget about it. Life's too short. Knowing that it was parked in front of a cruiser that could be moved any moment created that opportunity for him to move it, he probably thought he was doing you a favor by not having to chase you down and get you to move it.

A friend in South Carolina wanted a Harley, but wife said no, he talked her into it a year later, but he ordered special wheels for it which took more time, a year and a half later he finally gets the bike, his first drive was to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. He parks it outside a Harley shop and chains it to a light pole. He comes out of the shop an hour later, bike stolen.

Moral of the story, don't park outside of bike shops, it could mean trouble.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

moved bike

That would send me into animal mode . I dont know why some (NOT ALL !) harley riders think its a license to be a d**k head . I ride a small 4 lane highway and every harley on it has to find a way to pass me even if it means going 20 or 25 over the limit to do it sometimes unsafely . I dont even touch my buddys bikes with out at least a mention of it . Do that with someones harley and see what kinda s**t kicks off . Let alone leaving it in what sounds like an unsafe place . Dont want to get you all redlined again but I feel your anger . Problem is in todays world sometimes you just have to let things ride for your own safety and since lumping people up leads to unscheduled vacations its a lose lose situation . Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
              A friend in South Carolina wanted a Harley, but wife said no, he talked her into it a year later, but he ordered special wheels for it which took more time, a year and a half later he finally gets the bike, his first drive was to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. He parks it outside a Harley shop and chains it to a light pole. He comes out of the shop an hour later, bike stolen.

Moral of the story, don't park outside of bike shops, it could mean trouble.
              When I'm out and about in places I don't know, it is rare that I will park my bike anyplace that I will not be in constant sight of it.

Earl
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

No offense meant to the OP but were I the Harley guy (or ducati or MV or Honda or whatever..) I'd be a little irritated you blocked me in. It's happened to me a time or two at work. I try not to be a douche and take up and entire space. Usually I'll leave room for another bike to occupy the same space. But sometimes I come out and there are three bikes packed into my space because Johnny badass and his sweet biker gang of weekend warriors have decided they can't possibly walk an extra ten feet so they pack into my spot blocking me in.
                Now, because I'm not a dick, and because I don't want to be responsible for someone elses bike should I bump into it trying to get out, or worse drop it trying to move it out of the way, I have to take time to go in inside and find the jackwads who decided that it was cool to stuff four bikes in one space. Then I have to wait while jackhole one drags his other buddies away from their busch light to go move thier bikes.

Yeah, I can see your point. But at the same time I see his point too.
                However, if someone moved my bike without my consent, I might be tempted to punch him in the throat and then urinate in his mouth while he gasps for air.

Ok, so that might be a little over the top....

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  The guy was respectful to remove your bike to a safe location.
                  Yeah right... The guy was dead wrong for touching your bike. Unless, you were truly blocking him in. El G.

Comment

I had my bike moved once without permission. A utility crew had come to my block and was doing some work on the street. I came home from work and my bike had been moved. The front forks were locked, so they basically rolled it so it made a u-turn and the front wheel was pushed against the curb.

I was ****ed! The way I figured it, they should have notified me that they were going to be working on my block and I would have left the street clear.

Then, I took a deep breath, and let it go. The bike was fine. No harm done.

But still, there's something about the thought of a stranger touching my bike that makes me see red. So, I get how the OP felt about his bike being moved.

OK - I don't know if the same holds true for scooters. Once, in my younger days when I could be kind of a jerk, I picked up a scooter with a friend and carried it off the street and put it on the sidewalk so I could take the parking space.

I know. I know. I said I could be a jerk!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                      Yeah he's probably one of those 100 mile a year "bikers". parking on the sidewalk is one hint he thinks he's special. If you see it again maybe walk along texting and trip over his hawg. Then sue his arse for parking where he did causing you to hurt yourself.
                      You are vicious.
                      I like it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think its a matter of perceived space and a view of personal possesions. However, its in a public space and place and everybody uses it. Leads to road rage.
                        Let it go, no harm done.
                        I always choose my parking spot and one time it cost me a parking ticket. I was hopping!
                        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Why didn't he just roost across the grass, do a little tails riding through the garden, hop the curb on one wheel and be gone in a cloud of blue smoke like a real motorcyclist?

What a loser.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay
                            I once pushed a pick-up about 20 feet into the roadway of a parking lot. I had parked my van with 20ft boat attached across 6 or 7 spots, with the front of the van even with a No Parking sign, so I knew I could get out later. The @$$hole backed right up to the front of the van, him parking in the No Parking zone. No way I could get the van out with the boat. I just put the van in low gear and pushed his truck to a point where I could get out.

I love moral dilemmas.

FLHGSRay.....and where were exactly were YOU last Saturday?

Comment

Most of the comments have been regarding "no harm, no foul" and for the most part, I agree with that (my original comment about heavy chain was in jest).

BUT... All of you who commented seem to have forgotten this bit...

Well I'm walking around in the store, and I suddenly hear a piece of **** harley fire up.....and think nothing of it.

I walk out of the store maybe 5 minutes later and All of the bikes are gone, except for mine...
                              Now, to my mind, it would take a little more than a few seconds to approach your bike, see it's "penned in" and decide to clear a path for your grand exit...

In the time it took him to decide to move the GS, physically get astride the thing, move it out the way and "park it up", surely the other three bike owners would've got on their bikes and moved off in some manner.

If that's the case, the Harley owner coulda just angled his front wheel by using that handy thing called the "handle bars" and just driven around the GS, right?

Unless the Harley owner doesn't know what those bar thingies are for and just goes in straight lines, leaning to one side or the other to go around corners/bends...?

Maybe the other three bike owners were his friends/posse and they helped him dump the GS out of the way...?

Then again... Maybe there was a gravitational paradoxical irregularity that occurred in those few precious minutes and, as the world rotated on it's axis, gravity surrounding those few square metres of ground simply "failed", resulting in the other four bikes being carried off towards space but the sheer weighty coolness of the GS meant that the "anti-gravity effect" was only sufficient to raise the bike a couple of inches off the ground, then rest it back onto the ground in a different spot due to the planet having rotated that distance beneath the floating bike...

Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Well I'm walking around in the store, and I suddenly hear a piece of **** harley fire up.....and think nothing of it.
                                I walk out of the store maybe 5 minutes later and All of the bikes are gone, except for mine...and someone ****ing MOVED my bike like 15ft BACK into the parking lot roadway....it was a direct insult!
                                Then it hit me....that "cruiser" I saw parked up on the walkway, was an idiot customer that thought his HD was special and could park there!
                                So HE was the prick that moved my bike.
                                Assuming an awful lot, aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X