Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback Bill
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Crimps suck, all electrical connects must be soldered.
    If you use a cheap plastic terminal or splice and a $2 plyer style crimper then yes. But Im using good PDIG (nylon) terminals and an aircraft grade crimp tool. All my connections are pretty solid. I like solder but remember that solder is brittle and offers little flexibility.
    Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    About the coil mod: did not work well for my bike. Could be yours is malfunctioning in some way.
    I believe your right. When the starter loads the battery I think the latching voltage at the coil relay is too low to keep it latched. When I let off the button it un loads the battery, the relay latches, and I get one spark. Could be my ground point for the relay. Thanks, Ill look at that.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Great post..

Comment

i know this thread was from last year but i just thought of something.

the ignition triggers the relay to send good solid power to the coils. if the batt voltage drops low enough the coil doesnt have the proper voltage to keep the relay triggered.

you could use a relay with a 5v coil and a 7805 voltage regulator to keep the 5v coil happy. the battery would never get this low when starting the bike so the relay would never cut the power to the coils.

i actually did this yesterday to a little kids 24v razor scooter. 12v relay with a 7812 voltage relay cause the original 24v relays were burned out.

Brian
        Brian

82 GS1100E
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X