No announcement yet.

Actual carb removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, can anyone help me identify the rubber stopper missing from the third to last picture above? What part number is that on the carb blowout bccap posted earlier? Was 38 right? I'm not sure that's the right one.

I want to get these ordered soon...the weather is too nice!

Comment

Finally...

Well, I've been conversing with Ashley from Boulevard Suzuki, recommended by bccap a while back, for close to a month now. After a hefty amount of leg work, they have identified and obtained the two parts I needed so I can start rebuilding these suckers.

Shipping out today, and I'll start the rebuild work upon arrival.

Probably just going to use some kind of epoxy to cover the hole in the airbox.

Comment

Chokes rods right?
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucero View Post
          Well, I've been conversing with Ashley from Boulevard Suzuki, recommended by bccap a while back, for close to a month now. After a hefty amount of leg work, they have identified and obtained the two parts I needed so I can start rebuilding these suckers.

Shipping out today, and I'll start the rebuild work upon arrival.

Probably just going to use some kind of epoxy to cover the hole in the airbox.
          Funny enough, I don't think the choke plunger and individual pieces are separate/available parts.

Was Ashley able to provide a part number, or did she perform some sort of voodoo hocus pocus to turn up a set for you?
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
            Funny enough, I don't think the choke plunger and individual pieces are separate/available parts.

Was Ashley able to provide a part number, or did she perform some sort of voodoo hocus pocus to turn up a set for you?
            The parts arrived, individually wrapped in parts bags with parts numbers, etc. They have an entire carb blowout with every teeny tiny part listed separately, so either they are available individually, or she is a magician.

Now it's just a matter of dedicating the time necessary to reassembly.

Although I did hold off on buying the replacement intake boot I need, hoping to find one locally and not wait another month.

Embarrassing bit about the rubber piece - it wasn't missing, just assembled wrong. When I finally bothered to take a closer look, I noticed this almost immediately. But I suppose replacing a 30 year old part with a new one isn't a bad idea anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucero View Post
              The parts arrived, individually wrapped in parts bags with parts numbers, etc. They have an entire carb blowout with every teeny tiny part listed separately, so either they are available individually, or she is a magician.

Now it's just a matter of dedicating the time necessary to reassembly.

Although I did hold off on buying the replacement intake boot I need, hoping to find one locally and not wait another month.

Embarrassing bit about the rubber piece - it wasn't missing, just assembled wrong. When I finally bothered to take a closer look, I noticed this almost immediately. But I suppose replacing a 30 year old part with a new one isn't a bad idea anyway.
              I wondered about that rubber gasket in that picture...you just had the nut on backwards? I'm surprised nobody picked up on that.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                you just had the nut on backwards? I'm surprised nobody picked up on that.
                I didn't have it on backwards. I didn't disassemble anything that didn't need disassembled. I assume one of my friends did it, or I would have noticed it much sooner. Literally, the first time I actually sat down with it, I was like "oh..."

So it goes.

As for no one else catching it...well, I dunno. It isn't the best picture in the world. Maybe others wondered, but said nothing? Beats me.

Comment

Working...
                X