No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volcanoes are not everywhere in the US but mostly on the western coast. Only one has erupted in recent history - Mt Saint Helens located in Washington state last went off in 2008 but that was mild compared to its 1980 explosion
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

no volcanoes around here and i'm ok with that.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I live just inside the Ring of Fire. Lots of extinct volcanoes around here, Valley of fires lava flow northeast of me, the escarpment just west of town is an old lava flow, a 2 mile wide caldera that collapsed eons ago west of here as well. We have volcanic active all over the place with hot springs etc. And I haven't even mentioned what's around Albuquerque and Santa Fe!
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Rode the "Brown Skid-mark" to work today. Figured it'll be one of the last days before the temperature really starts to drop here in NY then time to winterize and ready to possibly sell in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
            I live just inside the Ring of Fire. Lots of extinct volcanoes around here, Valley of fires lava flow northeast of me, the escarpment just west of town is an old lava flow, a 2 mile wide caldera that collapsed eons ago west of here as well. We have volcanic active all over the place with hot springs etc. And I haven't even mentioned what's around Albuquerque and Santa Fe!
            cheers.....we live under quite same circumstances....active volcanoes are everywhere here in indonesia....(except borneo island)....

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post
              this are photos from last month GS250 gathering in east java....indonesia

basically all GS250 rider across indonesia came here at those moment

Celesboy, glad you mentioned that you had done some upgrades to your bike.
              I was wondering about Suzuki having such massive brakes, rotors and beefy forks on a mid-sized bike.
              What are they from?
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post
                this are photos from last month GS250 gathering in east java....indonesia

basically all GS250 rider across indonesia came here at those moment

Thanks for posting.

So, how much "Thunder" did all those 250s make....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

THis afternoon was first time have seen dry pavement in a few days.

THis evening was 55 degrees, but not raining, so went for evening ride.

GOt down by beach to see how much waves the wind has been kicking up.

Sky really cloudy, but looked like was clear on the horizon, which could make for a great sunset.
                  So stood around for a while watching the kite surfers.

Great sunset almost.....

After the sunset, went closer to the pier (and cranked up the ISO)

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Today the first dry day in a few days.
                    Headed out about 10am, 50 degF.
                    SUn didnt come out much, didnt warm up. Still 50 when got back.

Had heavy sweatshirt under jacket. But should have put liner back in jacket. Yup, that time of year.

Had a 100 mile ride

Same destination as a couple weeks ago
                    Last edited by Redman; 10-06-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

A little spin up north again. Weather here is too good not to ride a LOT.

IMG_0452.jpg
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Put on about 250 up around lake Mille Lacs looking for colors last week. Been raining ever since. Out on Friday, did about 150. Electric vest, hand warmers needed. Temps 48-52. Lots of wildlife.
                        Last edited by limeex2; 10-06-2019, 08:39 PM.
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Had to go to into Nashville yesterday. Took the long way home.

100519route by Greg White, on Flickr

Probably around 120 miles. It was a hot day in the mid 90s. I was pretty tired once I got home.

But had a fun ride. It's nice to have some good roads nearby. One of the fun roads I was blasting down turned to gravel, and then this.

KIMG0155 by Greg White, on Flickr

So I turned around, got lost, retraced my steps, got lost again, and finally got home before dark. Still, a good day on two wheels.
                          Last edited by gbw; 10-06-2019, 02:12 PM.
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez
                            Three day 1,000 km ride with 19 friends to Algonquin Park. Two nights in cabin on Boshkung Lake, Algonquin Highlands, ON. It was cold, but the riding, roads and autumn colours were amazing. [ATTACH=CONFIG]59155[/ATTACH]
                            They've finally mastered that aerial pier, eh?
                            Last edited by Grimly; 10-06-2019, 08:48 PM.
                            ---- Dave
                            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Just returned from a three day, 1,200 km club ride with 19 friends to Algonquin Park. Stayed two nights on Boshkung Lake, Algonquin Highlands, ON. Saturday saw us ride 500 km on fantastic rural roads and autumn colours. Was sunny but cold, see frost on bikes. Friend brought his 1981 GS750 from Europe.

3BA7BAD6-2AE0-4F8F-AECE-5D8591CF8DD0.jpg
                              1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Pic...

2DD419C4-86EE-46E4-914F-F0D044232106.jpg
                                1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
                                X