No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a few days off last week and rode over to visit Joe Nardy. It's a nice ride from my place to his that includes roads such as the Cherohola Skyway and The Tail Of The Dragon. Joe and I rode the Foothills Parkway and then through The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It being the few days leading up to the 4th of July holiday, we were suprised at how little traffice there was. Mostly we had the roads to ourselves. And, mostly, when we came up behind someone, they pulled over and let us play through.

Of course we didn't stop to take any pictures, but Killboy was there to catch us slaying the Dragon!

Lookout, here we come
    Dragon_mile_zero by Greg White, on Flickr

Two Tigers on The Dragon...coming and going

3339445 by Greg White, on Flickr

3339443 by Greg White, on Flickr

Always good to ride with Joe. Especially nice now that he has the motorcycle equivalent of Disneyland in his backyard. Can't wait to do it again.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
      Took a few days off last week and rode over to visit Joe Nardy. It's a nice ride from my place to his that includes roads such as the Cherohola Skyway and The Tail Of The Dragon. Joe and I rode the Foothills Parkway and then through The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It being the few days leading up to the 4th of July holiday, we were suprised at how little traffice there was. Mostly we had the roads to ourselves. And, mostly, when we came up behind someone, they pulled over and let us play through.

Of course we didn't stop to take any pictures, but Killboy was there to catch us slaying the Dragon!

Lookout, here we come
      Dragon_mile_zero by Greg White, on Flickr

Two Tigers on The Dragon...coming and going

3339445 by Greg White, on Flickr

3339443 by Greg White, on Flickr

Always good to ride with Joe. Especially nice now that he has the motorcycle equivalent of Disneyland in his backyard. Can't wait to do it again.
      Yes, we had a couple great days of riding. Thanks to Greg for getting me out. Due to a lot of pesky life stuff going on I have been doing very little riding lately. Despite being the Thursday and Friday before the Fourth of July weekend traffic was surprisingly light. Roads were a bit damp but well worth the trade off of clean runs through Deal's Gap and Cherahola Skyway.

Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by gbw View Post
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Weird seeing picture of the two of you and it not be in Brown County.
        Well, It happened again.
        Cowboy Scott came thru area, again, on his return trip, after being in western UP.
        We meet for breakfast, and I heard about miscellaneous adventures on M-22, M-119, across the bridge, and around the UP, into Wisconsin (some stories involved rain gear), and then across the lake on the Manitowoc-Ludington ferry.

After breakfast went for ride south along the lakeshore for a while. Here stopped at a park for a quick view and chat.

THen he continued south to Indiana& Ohio.

Last edited by Redman; 07-09-2021, 07:52 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Well, It happened again.
          Cowboy Scott came thru area, again, on his return trip, after being in western UP.
          We meet for breakfast, and I heard about miscellaneous adventures on M-22, M-119, across the bridge, and around the UP, into Wisconsin (some stories involved rain gear), and then across the lake on the Manitowoc-Ludington ferry.

After breakfast went for ride south along the lakeshore for a while. Here stopped at a park for a quick view and chat.

THen he continued south to Indiana& Ohio.

Glad you guys had a chance to meet up and do some riding. Sounds like Scott had a nice trip. My FZ1 has been acting up a bit since Bedford and I discovered the exup valve was in need of servicing and proper cable adjustment. Running like a champ now.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . My FZ1 has been acting up a bit since Bedford and I discovered the exup valve was in need of servicing and proper cable adjustment. Running like a champ now.
            You certainly have done a lot of work on that bike.
            Hum.... exup ... ? is that a typo??

////////////QUOTE
            Yamaha Technology 1987: Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve - EXUP ... A variable valve system that eliminates “valleys” in the torque development curve in 4-stroke​

The EXUP system was a four-stroke power valve system, placed in the bottom-end of the exhaust's downpipes to fool the pipe into thinking it was the best 'length' for both mid-range and high-rpm operation

A four-stroke power valve is a device fitted to four-stroke engines that constantly adjusts the internal diameter of the exhaust system to better suit the speed of the engine

Yamaha was the first to develop such a system, called the Exhaust Ultimate Power Valve (EXUP).[1] It first appeared on the Yamaha FZR EXUP and was later used on many other Yamahas.
            ///////////EndQUOTE

SOmething that new bikes have, eh....

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

With now having the lower seated RT, I though might be better able to handle wife as passenger. And she expressed interest in trying that out. So we went for a short ride, and it was better than on the previous RT. So Friday we rode on roads along the Grand River into Grand Rapids (~25miles) to a family restaurant there for a late lunch. And then back. Near home, coming to a stop at a light in left turn lane, I noticed some debris in that lane, and when I put down my left foot, my boot slipped quite a bit, was a patch of some oil or xmission fluid there. I dont mean it was a bit slippery, I mean my foot slipped a ways. Was able to get foot back under me and also tilt bike other way to hold with right foot. And push back with right foot a couple steps to get away from the slick patch. Had that been on the other RT, we would have gone down for sure. Then I notice the debris in road looks kinda like fresh crash stuff, and then notice two cars up ahead off the side of the road and a cop car there. One car leaving and cop giving ticket to other driver. I was going to pull up next to cop to report the slick spot, but I thought they were gonna needs some time to chat, and was no good place for me stop. And wife was already annoyed with the situation.

No pics. That is part of wifes conditions for going for ride.
              Has to be between this and that temperature. Not this certain busy road, not that busy road, and not the highway. No more than so many miles. And Had better involve lunch or dinner or at least ice cream. And not stopping along the side of the road for pictures.

Over all it was good. She liked it.

THat evening we went to the beach (without camera) for a walk in the water together. (just ankle deep. Water temp 68 which is about not bad for July).

Was a good day.

Comment

Sunday evening I went for ride most of the way into Grand Rapids along some interesting roads, and then back a different way on other interesting roads.

P1160563 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

P1160588 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

ANd then went for photowalk on the pier at sunset.
                P1160625 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Comment

Took off this morning heading up to Rocky Top....and from there I did the Devil's Triangle, with a stop at Brushy Mountain.

Brushy Mountain Prison

Triumph Trophy 900 by R John Thieda, on Flickr

And an old grist mill near Norris Dam...

All and all, a good four hour ride.
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Two friends and myself took a trip upto Kirby Lonsdale commonly know to bikers as Devilsbrige it's a very popular bike meeting
                    place in Cumbria uk. The Novel thing is that on Sundays by order of the local council no cars are allowed on the car park bikes only

IMG_4355 by peter wood, on Flickr

IMG_4354 by peter wood, on Flickr
                    Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 07-17-2021, 04:33 PM.
                    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                    past bikes. RF900
                    TL1000s
                    Hayabusa
                    gsx 750f x2
                    197cc Francis Barnett
                    various British nails

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                      Took off this morning heading up to Rocky Top.....
                      as in ... "Good ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennesseeeee" ... by the Osbourne Brothers??

(prolly the ONLY bluegrass tune I can handle)
                      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
                        Two friends and myself took a trip upto Kirby Lonsdale commonly know to bikers as Devilsbrige it's a very popular bike meeting
                        place in Cumbria uk. The Novel thing is that on Sundays by order of the local council no cars are allowed on the car park bikes only

Mods to the left, Rockers to the right?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                          as in ... "Good ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennesseeeee" ... by the Osbourne Brothers??

(prolly the ONLY bluegrass tune I can handle)
                          LOL....Well yes, but there is a story. The town was officially named "Lake City" in 1936 after the dam was built.
                          But in 2014, they changed the name to Rocky Top, after a lengthy court battle over the copywrite.
                          It is also the official song of the University of Tennessee sports teams.
                          More if you wish...LOL... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Top,_Tennessee
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If you have noticed fewer obnoxious loud bikes around your area the last couple days .. ..
                            .. .. .. it is because they are all in Muskegon Michigan this weekend.

Muskegon Bike Time Rebel Road.

I took the Shadow500. Thought that would be better at working the stop-n-go down the street with people walking thru, and easier to park then the RT.

About 8 blocks of downtown Muskegon (including the HD dealer that is an entire city block in itself) and sidestreets closed to cars. Bikes parked along both sides of the street and a row down the middle, and a few large parking lots, and side streets full of bikes.
                            Tens of thousands.
                            95% H-D.
                            And most loud.
                            Was even a loud FJR.

I walked the entire site, looking for food vendors, and vintage bikes.
                            Saw a couple KZs and a few CBs. No GSs.

Found some good BBQ ribs to eat - and then got out of there.

Last edited by Redman; 07-17-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Evening ride

No signature

Comment

I took advantage of a nice cool morning and went for a ride in search of the elusive standing monument that defines Nebraska. Had to go early as we are just beginning a 10 day stretch of high humidity and temps in the upper 90's to 100+°. Summer time in the plains states, oh yeah. But to be fair, it's getting mighty toasty all over.

IMG_20210722_084847422_HDR by Larry Alkire, on Flickr

​FOUND IT.........
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X