anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin' good there, Redman.

And your pic is cool noreg...bridge/mountains way in the background.

Carter Turk, that's a beautiful mountain crest view.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Dave, around here bike / walking / outdoors stuff is a popular attraction. Maybe that bridge will stick around, and maybe it's the reason housing is springing up there. You know, the "nice location near outdoor recreation" ad copy that realtors love.

Either way, it looks like a neat little bridge and cool photo spot.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My beemerpunk kid seems to have talked all his buddies into getting adv bikes. I dunno why but he's very persuasive. 5 of us got together and spent the weekend just doing stupid riding all over central PA. Friday night the ride was snow and rain all the way.

We camped at two different beautiful spots. One next to a nice creek, the other on top of a good sized hill.

Here's where I tipped over. Made it through the creek but failed on the exit. Glad I had 4 young guys to pick the bike up.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Rode down to Tucson to do a brewery walk of downtown and to hang out with my siblings. I didn't take many bike pics, but I did stop at the Tom Mix Memorial again. It is a mindful place, in the middle of a west that still looks much like it did when the famous cowboy passed on.
          3CC4B738-8635-4375-9DE6-FCE2CFF708BB.jpg
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
            My beemerpunk kid seems to have talked all his buddies into getting adv bikes. I dunno why but he's very persuasive. 5 of us got together and spent the weekend just doing stupid riding all over central PA. Friday night the ride was snow and rain all the way.
            Eli, next time you're coming to Central PA, hit me up! Don't have an ADV bike but I do ride a lot of forest roads.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
              Eli, next time you're coming to Central PA, hit me up! Don't have an ADV bike but I do ride a lot of forest roads.
              I will. The kids like to ride there so we'll probably be there again soon.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                I will. The kids like to ride there so we'll probably be there again soon.
                Great! I just PM’d you with my phone #.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Nice day for a commute. Hoping I don't work another 14 hour day and I can enjoy this gorgeous day. 33'F on my ride in but the bike is running awesome.

Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Rode RT to my sons (Redmanson) house, the other day, to leave with him to ride to work and for a weekend trip to SE Ohio.

His Tiger1050 (2008?) had failure of starter clutch (they call Sprague clutch). I may not fully understand, but seems like the failed part can not be provided, have to purchase an entire new upgraded/redesigned assembly of the clutch and other associated parts, for lots of bucks, about half the value of the bike.
                    His response to that: Bought an entire newer Tiger 1050 and is going to be flying 2/3rd the way across country to get it later next week.

So I have been riding Shadow500. No pics - Yet.

Now my son reports the RT has a front fork slobbering a good amount - drat. Add that to all the expensive maintenance that thing requires . . . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode down to Tucson yesterday and back today. Only a 220 mile ride, but really pleasant.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Got out for an evening ride. 52degf When I left. Went Just out of town to the north, and to a beach that is out that way.
                        P1180405 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Then to the pier on that side of the channel.
                        P1180492 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Sun disappeared behind clouds on horizon.

48degF on ride home, which is usally okay for a short ride of 20 minutes, but bye the time I got home I was looking for ice. Maybe because of having with wet pant legs and socks and boots.

Good to get out for a while.

>>Later note: more pics here
                        This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!
                        Last edited by Redman; 05-10-2021, 11:58 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

First ride of the season, 250 km. The switch to new quiet Emgo exhausts and 30 dB ear plugs have made my riding significantly more enjoyable.
                          1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Did a 300km ride up Island today...what a day!

Breakfast at my patio first.

No signature

Comment

The Bandit’s shakedown ride after checking the valves and a new chain involved a 250 mile round trip sprint to Charmayne’s place. Ran superbly but I didn’t have a lot of time to take pictures along the way though I found a few places I need to go back to.
                              sigpic
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Well, look who dropped by on his way back home from NC. After a day riding through hellacious rain, traffic, accidents, and gas fiascos, Jedz rolled into central PA last evening. The skies cleared, we went out for a great dinner, a short night ride. I almost got hit by a bat. Back home for beers and a BS session. And that quick he was gone again early this morning. The wife and I are happy to have you stay with us anytime. Nice to finally meet you, Justin.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 05-17-2021, 04:55 PM.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X