anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbw View Post
    Had to go to into Nashville yesterday. Took the long way home.

100519route by Greg White, on Flickr

Probably around 120 miles. It was a hot day in the mid 90s. I was pretty tired once I got home.

But had a fun ride. It's nice to have some good roads nearby. One of the fun roads I was blasting down turned to gravel, and then this.

KIMG0155 by Greg White, on Flickr

So I turned around, got lost, retraced my steps, got lost again, and finally got home before dark. Still, a good day on two wheels.
    those roads look like a riot. Exploring roads, not lost until you run out of gas.
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

I managed a short 50 miles last night -
      Then it was getting dark and in deer country where I live it is time to go home !

But I stopped and got this picture

Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Today the first dry day in a few days.
        Headed out about 10am, 50 degF.
        SUn didnt come out much, didnt warm up. Still 50 when got back.

Had heavy sweatshirt under jacket. But should have put liner back in jacket. Yup, that time of year.

Had a 100 mile ride

Same destination as a couple weeks ago
        The arm must be getting better since you're holding up that heavy piece of jerkey Dave.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
          The arm must be getting better since you're holding up that heavy piece of jerky Dave.
          In exercise and recovery, its not so much the weight, but the repetitions !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Rode for a couple hours but the Fall colours haven't landed on the trees in my area yet.
            Have to make do with the shrubs and vines.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I just got back from spending 9 days in Ontario where I frew up. Went back because my dad's health is not good and he's currently in hospital.
              I have a lot of old friends there that ride and my cousin Danny who has rode my bikes many times here offered me his 2008 Concours to use...so went out Wed after dinner with 5 buddies and did 200kms

Then Friday we did a 500kms ride all along lake Erie...it was sunny and in the 70s...it was a great distraction from what was going on with dad.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Can't even remember the last time I saw a CBX on the road, much less with a six-into-six. Must sound like a bat out of hell!
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Trevor, on Friday did you make it over as far east as Port Dover?
                  I was there for a short while. Would have funny to have bumped into each other although the Concours would not have tipped me off. haha.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dang Trevor, nice trick shot.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Trevor, on Friday did you make it over as far east as Port Dover?
                      I was there for a short while. Would have funny to have bumped into each other although the Concours would not have tipped me off. haha.
                      We did! Went right through Dover. Saw a lot of bikes there....bunch at the Timmies. Probably around 2pm.. That would have been cool to run into you.
                      No signature

Comment

Been going on small rides as a diversion to dad being in hospice. Worked well. Sorry to say dad passed and a small celebration of his life was Friday. Dad would not go riding with me, always figured it would kill me. Came close once. So last Wed I packed dad in his Urn into the trunk of my bike and took him to the places he grew up in White Bear lake, Mn. Its a short beautiful drive on what was a spectacular fall day. We stopped at his favorite beach, shared a bump,shared a story and watched the wind surfers. He will be missed by many. May he rest in peace.
                        Attached Files
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Here’s the map of my three day trip last weekend with 19 other riders.

https://goo.gl/maps/29pe5GT2kWb6cV9T6

https://goo.gl/maps/rtKhqejeSFyBzMCRA

1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                            Been going on small rides as a diversion to dad being in hospice. Worked well. Sorry to say dad passed and a small celebration of his life was Friday. Dad would not go riding with me, always figured it would kill me. Came close once. So last Wed I packed dad in his Urn into the trunk of my bike and took him to the places he grew up in White Bear lake, Mn. Its a short beautiful drive on what was a spectacular fall day. We stopped at his favorite beach, shared a bump,shared a story and watched the wind surfers. He will be missed by many. May he rest in peace.
                            Sorry to hear about your dad. Thanks for sharing your story. My dad taught me how to ride a motorcycle when I was 12. We accompanied each other on many miles of riding mountain trails. RIP to your father, and mine. Peace.
                            Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
                              Condolences.
                              Glad you did get to take him for a ride.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                                Glad you had a nice ride with and in memory of him.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X