anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
    The images are still better with your MC in them, even if it IS the Harley.
    LOL. I am GLAD it is a Harley.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Went out again today....And damn, another dam stop. Douglas Dam....about an hour from the house.

Triumph Trophy at Douglas Dam by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Reminds me of how I rode motorcycles - Violent surges occur suddenly.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          Regarding your trip to the Black Hills, how was the M/C traffic? Lots of them or very few?
          There were not too many. It was quite refreshing in that all makes of motorcycles were waving to each other. Usually, each segment waves to its own and ignores the other. Its just nice to see the mutual respect.

Good times...
          1980 GS750L - just like the one I rode in college (25 years ago!)
          2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40
          1980 Honda Goldwing (Naked)
          2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Kelly O' (original profile vanished!)

Comment

Been doing carb tuning the last few days. It's really close. A little warm at 30-35c but we'll get it done.
            Attached Files
            1986 1150EF
            2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Another mountain ride, another Timber Rattler. When I first rode by this fella, I thought it was a road apple (horse poop). Didn’t see the pattern til a was passing about 3’ from it. Stopped and walked back to have a look but kept a polite distance. He stayed coiled up but flicked his tail out and rattled at me to let me know I was disturbing his nap.

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Did a quick run to Alta (8 hour ride, about 560 kilometers) to test everything and visit a friend. Bike ran great, it was a little cold and to beat the weather I avoided all non-essential stops.

I was planning on doing Nordkapp but I have decided against it beause it is cold and Id rather go when I have more time. Need to be back home before the day after monday.

Ill get more pictures on the way back, Ill take my time going back.

GS1000G 1981

Comment

Gorgeous as always Noreg
                  sigpic
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Been stiflingly hot here for a few days, the only bearable time for me to ride was when the sun was setting... well it was Saturday evening anyway, our overnight temps for the past two nights have been too close to 30*C for comfortably gearing up so I stayed at home cuddled up next to the a/c...

Saturday:

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hot in Vermont. 96'F or 36'C Dodging afternoon T-storms but got home stripped the Fizzy down and blasted in the mountains where the temps were in the 80's.

Last edited by Jedz123; 06-29-2021, 08:25 AM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

My ride back from Alta was like the perfect ride, at least for the first half. I wake up, the sun is up, the weather is warm. I say godbye to my friends parents (he was still asleep) and load my bike. My paracord solution to attach my spider and cargo net was brilliant, loading it was fast and easy, but I need to make bigger loops.

The bike started as soon as I looked at the starter button and it just ran SMOOOTH. The temperature was just right, the exhaust fix worked wonders for torque and I was just having a great time. I was a bit bad at stopping, I was just in the zone and it was all so good. Like this is what I want from a trip, decent weather, working bike, easy loading.

GS1000G 1981

Comment

Went for ride this evening with Mr Cowboy who is in the area here enroute to further north and the UP.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I rode through town last night dodging thunderstorms and enjoying fireworks. It seemed like every street/ house and city park had some sort of diplay going on. I never got rained on and the light show was phenominal. Man, what an exilharating ride! Sure beats sitting in a lawn chair watching fireworks from one spot.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                Went for ride this evening with Mr Cowboy who is in the area here enroute to further north and the UP.
                                That's so cool. Glad y'all got to ride together some. Weird seeing picture of the two of you and it not be in Brown County.
                                Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                                X