Page 1067 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 6756796710171057106510661067106810691077 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,670 of 10848

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Looks awesome Dave!
    I need a ride in a big way. I'm at 72 hours of work this week and I'm heading back in.
    Enjoy and get some miles for those of us that can't!
    Jedz Moto
    2016 Yamaha FJ-09 Tracer - Fazer 900 The Mule
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125 - Back road discoverer
    2009 Yamaha Vmax - The Ver'Monster
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    1994 Acura Integra. The Cheap ole' Honda
    2017 Honda Fit - The Cheap New Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

On Tuesday (2/23/21) the glaciers in my driveway in Indy finally receded enough to trailer the new kid to the BMV and get legal. I don't know how it is where you live, but we have this totally stoopit law here that vehicles purchased out of state have to have a "VIN Inspection", where an official or a cop has to verify that the VIN matches the title and that it isn't listed as stolen. I live in the city, and the cops won't come to your house to do this, so you have to bring the bike to the bureaucrats.

(For non-US folks, as far as the laws around vehicles, the US is made up of 50 enemy countries with completely different processes and laws, written in completely different languages that only appear to be English. It's a mess.)

ANYWAY. The excruciating pain of bureaucracy, paperwork, fees, and taxes is over for the time being. Time to bundle up and ride.

This right here is a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 . After much contemplation and many months of squirreling away pennies, I finally made the leap into a modern bike with ABS and all that. I bought it from a gent in Missouri, and the retrieval mission was carefully planned COVID-19 safe blitzkrieg 2-1/2 weeks back, literally the day before the subzero temps and a foot of snow slammed into Indy.

I believe the proper British expression for my mood would be "well chuffed".

And yep, I don't like windshields. The Madstad installed by the previous owner is not going to be reinstalled; the bike works very well naked, even better than I had hoped. Nice smooth flow of air against my chest and helmet.

The bike feels incredibly light compared to my V-Strom and GS850G. And of course, the engine is an absolute gem. This thing is a beast.

Temps are headed into the high 50s in Indiana today, so I'll be back this evening with some more pics...

Here's a bonus pic from the trip homewards... we just had to take a look at Uranus.

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2002 DL1000 V-Strom, Dark Metallic Space Blue FOR SALE CHEEP!
    2005 KLR685 - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...

Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

The FJ-09 or Tracer 900 GT is what I'm getting next season... Great machine! The motor is a fing Gem! Congrats Brian your going to love it! I know some guys that do light duty ADV riding with them too so I'm sure it's going to be the perfect bike for you, going on all the random roads! CONGRATS ON THE NEW BIKE! Happy for ya man!

VIN checks are so dumb and frustrating. My State does them, sometimes. I found a DMV where I can flirt with the clerk and get off of them. My FZ6 needed title and VIN (from NH) but just some small talk to find out she's a neighbor and weasel in local story we find commonality on and all of a sudden BAM! No VIN check needed.

Small town (and state) life does have it's advantages!
    Jedz Moto
    2015 Kymco Agility 125
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bwringer View Post
    On Tuesday (2/23/21) the glaciers in my driveway in Indy finally receded enough to trailer the new kid to the BMV and get legal. I don't know how it is where you live, but we have this totally stoopit law here that vehicles purchased out of state have to have a "VIN Inspection", where an official or a cop has to verify that the VIN matches the title and that it isn't listed as stolen. I live in the city, and the cops won't come to your house to do this, so you have to bring the bike to the bureaucrats.

(For non-US folks, as far as the laws around vehicles, the US is made up of 50 enemy countries with completely different processes and laws, written in completely different languages that only appear to be English. It's a mess.)

ANYWAY. The excruciating pain of bureaucracy, paperwork, fees, and taxes is over for the time being. Time to bundle up and ride.

This right here is a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 . After much contemplation and many months of squirreling away pennies, I finally made the leap into a modern bike with ABS and all that. I bought it from a gent in Missouri, and the retrieval mission was carefully planned COVID-19 safe blitzkrieg 2-1/2 weeks back, literally the day before the subzero temps and a foot of snow slammed into Indy.

I believe the proper British expression for my mood would be "well chuffed".

And yep, I don't like windshields. The Madstad installed by the previous owner is not going to be reinstalled; the bike works very well naked, even better than I had hoped. Nice smooth flow of air against my chest and helmet.

The bike feels incredibly light compared to my V-Strom and GS850G. And of course, the engine is an absolute gem. This thing is a beast.

Temps are headed into the high 50s in Indiana today, so I'll be back this evening with some more pics...

Here's a bonus pic from the trip homewards... we just had to take a look at Uranus.

Fudge Factory in Uranus, eh?
    1994 Suzuki RF600R
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2020 Suzuki Katana

Dave

Got out for a spin on my Cooley to go look at a 1978 gs1000e for sale locally....guy is way too high on price....then I got my new bike out too.
    Downloaded a new map for the power commander from Hindle...it's running great and sounds awesome with the Dyno Quick Shifter I put on..

No signature

Looking more and more like spring! I have to go into work for 9 again today but I hope to take the bike, it going to be 45'F today!

Glad to see your out riding and enjoying yourself Trev!
    Jedz Moto
    2015 Kymco Agility 125

I did a beautiful ride of 228 miles through the salt river canyon yesterday but my tablet won't let me post the pics that I shot.

Guess i will have to wait until I get back home to show proof that I was actually there.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.

324 mile weekend

Road to Lowes to for some Dremel stuff , just cause Saturday

and to get some ribs Sunday with Father in law. On a charley davidson ... 60 degrees

Out for about an hour this afternoon.

1994 Suzuki RF600R
    2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2020 Suzuki Katana

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser View Post
    Out for about an hour this afternoon.

I got out today too....My dad's funeral was today...what a drag doing that virtually..We will have to get out Dave
    No signature