No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally pulled the 550 out of the garage and did about 60 miles today. Why is it I think I can wear my mesh jacket during this time of year even into the evening hours once the sun starts to set? It got bloody cold by the time I made it home. I'm putting the outer shell back on for a few more weeks.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Finally pulled the 550 out of the garage and did about 60 miles today. Why is it I think I can wear my mesh jacket during this time of year even into the evening hours once the sun starts to set? It got bloody cold by the time I made it home. I'm putting the outer shell back on for a few more weeks.
      Always a tough call on when to take the innards out or your jacket. ain't it?

The other night I got the beemer together and went for a ride to test the new brakes. About 1 mile down the road encountered a herd of about 7 deer loitering on the pavement. Since the brakes were brand new they took a moment to really grab. Luckily the deer spread out and I passed between them. Someone was yelling, "aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! fffffffff!!!". I think it was me. Everyone is ok....
      Last edited by Eli69; 03-21-2021, 09:21 AM.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Awe, the deer were just helping you bed in your brake pads.
        "Here he comes boys, lets just stand here, no one jump or do anything crazy."
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          I was able to take the FJR out for a ride for the first time this year.
          Three weeks ago I took it to the Yamaha shop for the transmission recall. Last week I decided to see how the job was coming along. I was told the "transmission kit" was on backorder and to come pick up my motorcycle. I'm not sure if the mechanic just didn't want to do the job or what. I came and picked up my motorcycle.
          I'm thinking, I'm just going to ride the motorcycle for this summertime. Maybe I'll do the recall thing next fall. Fellows on the FJR forum have over 50,000 miles on their gen 3's with no problems. Do I want someone that is not sure of themselves tearing into my engine? I don't think so...
          But anyway, it was so nice to get out on the big Yammer Hammer today! I took the back way to my favorite lunch spot. Then took the highway home. A nice 250 mile loop. 
          What is it with Yamaha and transmission issues? Seems like they have one every decade.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

65 mile rain ride loop @ 43 degrees. Expected to get soaked & did. Bike ran well.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

VMAX, T120 and Monkey were all out...

VMAX screwed my elbow up again, hurts like something fierce this morning.
              T120 (British Road glide) is out and the sidecar project is on hold since my Dog seems to have an incredible anxiety around any form of 2 wheel transport.

Oh Yeah I also put a down payment on this puppy. 2017 FJ-09 with 10K miles... Boom baby, a CP3 is joining the heard. It will take over daily duties from the T120.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

VMAX screwed my elbow up again, hurts like something fierce this morning.
                T120 (British Road glide) is out and the sidecar project is on hold since my Dog seems to have an incredible anxiety around any form of 2 wheel transport.

Oh Yeah I also put a down payment on this puppy. 2017 FJ-09 with 10K miles... Boom baby, a CP3 is joining the heard. It will take over daily duties from the T120.
                Seems like winter might be over huh J?

I can still count 2021 rides on one hand but we're getting there. Yesterday was a badass ADV bike ride with my punk millennial kid and his friend. Still some ice out in the woods and I did tip over once. Got wobbly in the very thin, tire wide dirt track between ice sheets. No biggy.

So I'd like to brag just a little because I'm the only one who made it through this mudhole in both directions. Out of pure dumb luck or maybe absolute dread of falling in that very cold, muddy water.

I was never really a dirt rider but was never afraid to take my beat up old jap bikes into places they shouldn't be. That said, my old corpse is a bit sore today.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I was out on the Triumph yesterday. As I was pulling into the gas station I saw a older gentleman on a older BMW. I pulled up to the pump next to him. We started chatting about the beautiful weather... Then he tells me about a breakfast that he and his BMW buddies have every third Sunday of the month. He told me to show up and that I'd fit right in. I'm not sure how he knows that? Maybe my graying hair. Or the fact I was all geared up. So yeah, I'm excited to meet up with these guys. April 18th 👍

The Triumph Tiger is a fun motorcycle. But I have to do something with the seat. It gets uncomfortable after about 2 hours of riding. I exchanged the "low" seat for the "comfort" seat. That helped but still not there. The seat is hard and not very conforming. I'm thinking about sending the seat out to have it re fomed. Also I need to shorten the shift lever about a inch.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

The 550 and I went waterfall hunting for the first time this year after work today up towards the northern edge of the Dayton Metro area. Had a nice couple of hour walk through the trails there though I wish the places to view the falls were better situated. I only got to see two of the three in this park but it was still a nice way to spend the evening.

Leaving Edgewood Metro Parks by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Paddy Falls by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      Seems like winter might be over huh J?

I can still count 2021 rides on one hand but we're getting there. Yesterday was a badass ADV bike ride with my punk millennial kid and his friend. Still some ice out in the woods and I did tip over once. Got wobbly in the very thin, tire wide dirt track between ice sheets. No biggy.

So I'd like to brag just a little because I'm the only one who made it through this mudhole in both directions. Out of pure dumb luck or maybe absolute dread of falling in that very cold, muddy water.

I was never really a dirt rider but was never afraid to take my beat up old jap bikes into places they shouldn't be. That said, my old corpse is a bit sore today.

HAHAHA you of all people know that we can be hopeful but don't hold your breath... We could get smoked by a fluke snow storm, Old Man winter rarely goes out without a fight!

Joe bringing you places where you shouldn't be? HE's really taken to the R1200GS. I have to say, it's pretty nice!
                      Glad your Ole' BMW R bike is still chugging along well!
                      Hope you rest up and grab some more nice rides! Supposed to be stellar this Thursday!
                      BE well buddy, hope our paths cross again this year.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Brought my BMW in today for service and the owner gave me a nice loaner. GS1250HP

No signature

Comment

Help get my buddy's Yellow Bird up and running and went for his first ride, Nice trail and class 4 road ride to his house and back country highway (60-65mph) afterward. About 60 miles on the Monkey. I also put 50 miles on the VMAX just in commute (longer way).

It's riding season now!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Brought my BMW in today for service and the owner gave me a nice loaner. GS1250HP

My buddy has the last year of the 1200 and I love it. I just don't love the price tag... I would have a R1250R if I could justify the cost.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post

Did I miss some description of that, what seems to be an aux gas tank....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been dealing with a lot of probate stuff this last year or so.
                                Some days I need to hit the solicitors, two banks and and and.
                                This is an old Viking town with narrow streets and crazy parking problems.
                                Took the bike yesterday and as usual had the whole deal sorted in less than half an hour.
                                Bikes make so much sense.
                                97 R1100R
                                Previous
                                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Working...
                                X