anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Oh Yeah I also put a down payment on this puppy. 2017 FJ-09 with 10K miles... Boom baby, a CP3 is joining the heard. It will take over daily duties from the T120.

Ooh, you found a blurple one! NICE!

Yeah, FJ-09 is what all the cool kids are doing...

I mean, the red FJ-09s, like my 2015, are obviously a little faster, but that Yammie blurple just tickles the ol' retinas in a very special way.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Did I miss some description of that, what seems to be an aux gas tank....?

Yessir!
      It's a .75 gallon tank which basically doubles the range of the Monkey. Even with the 186Big Bore Kit I'm seeing about 90MPG. So 180 mile range with the reserve on the crash bars! HAHA
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Ooh, you found a blurple one! NICE!

Yeah, FJ-09 is what all the cool kids are doing...

I mean, the red FJ-09s, like my 2015, are obviously a little faster, but that Yammie blurple just tickles the ol' retinas in a very special way.
        Blurple... I'm going to remember that!

Man would I have loved to get a red one (jedz colors) but I just couldn't find one locally in my price range. This one has low miles and was about $1000 less than what is listed on the Cycletrader. I really like it!

Jethro told me it's a great find but wrong color. HAHA I like it, Of course there isn't a FZ/FJ/MT/XSR - 9 I don't like.

Cheers!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Yessir!
          It's a .75 gallon tank which basically doubles the range of the Monkey.. . . . . .
          Honda accesory...? Aftermarket....? Jedz Improvisation...?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I took the Triumph out for a nice after work ride this afternoon. I went to Zookies, one of my favorite Sports Bar/Wing joint. Then I stopped at the Beaver County Airport on my way home. I watched some student pilots do some touch and go's.
            They were calling for rain this afternoon, but it never did rain. It turned out to be a beautiful evening. Temperatures in the mid 70's

I have about 1,100 miles on the Triumph. I love the motorcycle. But I really have to do something with the seat. It is hard and narrow. After about two hours I'm ready for a break. The foot peg position is spot on. The handlebars could come up and back about a inch.
            Attached Files
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

After being otherwize occupied for a few days......
              Yesterday morning was 50degF, got out for a little ride out of town, then back into town

went for walk around beach and out onto pier for a photo walk . . . . and then found myself downtown at coffee shop having outdoor seating...

was good to sit out in partly-sunny sunshine, with about no time constraints for an hour or so. If had more time would have gone for ride further.

Today was about 40degF this morning, went for similar short ride

Will have more time in coming days, but also suppose to be rainy and back to seasonable average temps (high mid 40s).
              Thats enough that should start working on getting GK back together.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

@jedz there's a guy named Chillis over on advrider who's been posting about his extensively modded monkey, if you're interested.

Comment

After being otherwize occupied for a few days......................... should start working on getting GK back together.
                  That's great to hear. I know you've got your work cut out for you there. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

We're taking a spontanneous trip to Vegas then Southern CA. this weekend. I'l ride the FJR so I can return next week and my wife's driving the Kia so she can stay with thegrandkids for Easter and return whenever. I'd love to ride the GS on this trip. Even though it never leaves a drop on the ground, I'm getting tired of the smell of burning oil on the engine and seeing it slowly weep like it's crying for some TLC. Soon enough...

Sure looking forward to getting away for a bit. My parts for the GS should pretty much be waiting for me when I get back.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    That's great to hear. .
                    ...............trip..... then Southern CA. this weekend. I'l ride the FJR .
                    I did say "should...... start.... on GK..". Will see if I can make that ".. did start" on something. Maybe get the new pistons (well, new to me) on the rods.

Ah... how far "southern" CA?

Comment

I did say "should...... start.... on GK..". Will see if I can make that ".. did start" on something. Maybe get the new pistons (well, new to me) on the rods.

Ah... how far "southern" CA?

Sorry, missed the should part. Hopefully it works out that you can get to it. Fortunately you're still able to ride though.

The route we're planning on taking from here to Vegas is about 650 miles then about 250 from there through Death Valley to Ridgecrest, CA. Not sure about my return route yet.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

From Ridgecrest back to Abq, you could add only another 100 miles and go through Phoenix and take the US 60 freeway through the metro and follow it up through the Salt River Canyon. That would be a beautiful ride and one could stay on 60 and come out at Socorro.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
                          From Ridgecrest back to Abq, you could add only another 100 miles and go through Phoenix and take the US 60 freeway through the metro and follow it up through the Salt River Canyon. That would be a beautiful ride and one could stay on 60 and come out at Socorro.
                          Not a bad idea, Larry. Still trying to plot a route there without too much snow. I'd like to avoid Flagstaff so I'm thinking I'll head North through Farmington, NM. Then over through AZ. on 64, 160 and 98 into Page. Then maybe through Kanab, Colorado City and up to I-15 into Vegas.

I downloaded a highway weather app that shows weather along the way. Trying to compare it with weatherchannel data is frustrating. Then I can't import that data into google maps for directions so it's just cumbersome to plan a route.

Any suggestions on an app that can do all of that?
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Just take a right at the light keep goin' straight until night, and then you're on your own... That's the way I'd go.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

About 56 degrees here and sunny before dinner....spin in the hood.

No signature

Comment

Pretty sweet mate. You sure do live the life!
                                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                                X