No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger, sound like a great ride, and nice description.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      895 miles, I need me one of those rides! Still have months to go before that's possible.. Work.
      Work, yeah, that gets in the way for me too. Fortunately there was a short slow period and I could take a few days off.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      Beautiful story and pics Roger. San Bernardino County is HUGE! My mother lives in the Inland Empire (part of San Bernardino County) and loves the gorgeous views of the "foothills" which I don't believe you went that far inland....................Interesting that you bring up the concrete highway...very smooth!...............
      Thanks Ed. Passing through those hills on I-15 just before San Bernardino I can see why she enjoys that view.Google maps has a pretty good image of the concrete freeway. The aggragate is exposed from grinding. You can tell how deep it's been ground down by how big the rocks are. This is how a concrete floor looks after I grind it flat for wood flooring.

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Gosh I can't wait to get back out on the road again. I'll probably continue west after the Brown County Rally. I'll visit my brother in Colorado... Something like that. 
      And I can't wait to head East. Out of the eight states I've been able to ride in, Colorado may still be my favorite. There's still so much to see. I think having the FJR has really inspired me to look well beyond our bordering states.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Wow, that is a days ride. (Getting Close to being an Iron Butt.)
      875 miles, and stopp for scenic pics too.

Thanks for posting.
      You bet. Maybe I'll look into the iron butt ride for fun sometime. It would be neat to complete a certified ride like that. Heck, I could just ride to Northern Colorado and back.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Roger, sound like a great ride, and nice description.
        Sure was! Thanks, I really want to share those awe inspiring experiences, though my written description pails in comparison to being there. Maybe someday I'll get a GoPro and capture some good footage.

I was able to record some video on my phone while in the ram mount behind the fairing. I'll see if I can grab a few still shots from that.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Video is nice, but I can definitely appreciate a well written narrative. I enjoy writing about it when I get in a memorable ride. You're description painted a nice picture in my mind.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ride today!

The Monkey keeps me on the road even when Vermont plays April fools with Spring.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Ride today!

The Monkey keeps me on the road even when Vermont plays April fools with Spring.
              Awesome!!!!
              No signature

Comment

^^Nice ride JEDZ!

Glad you made the most of a CLOSED dirt trail.

Today is my Effective USAF Retirement Date as well as my Enlistment Date...2011 and 1986...10 years retired and 35 years since Boot Camp.

It's a day I'll never forget...regardless of the All Fool's Day history.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I went for a 45 min cruise first of season yesterday.
                  I was all happy told my friend who mocked me for being two weeks later than him.
                  Picture me on a bike. Man the onboard temp readout is fast. Makes you aware of how fat a Celsius degree is.
                  14 in elevated areas instantly dropping to 10.5 in hollows.
                  Shivers and histamine responses.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Went for ride Wednesday evening, barley over 40degf when left. Just a short ride further out of town, and then into town. same as have said before, and photo similar to as posted before. Although to find a somewhat more interesting scene for pic I did find my way around closed gates into the portion of park not yet open for the season.

P1160320rc by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Was cold and windy at the beach, and after walking the pier and walking beach for sunset photo walk I will admit to being cold (despite walking around in full riding gear and gloves , and heavy hat I brought to wear thier instead of helmet). What was unique and interesting was that I warmed up some on ride home. I attribute that to that bike’s wind protection and heated grips. Thermometer on porch at home showed 30degF when got back home. So, apparently it is more chilling to walk the pier/beach on a cold windy evening , than is to ride mo’cykl (that one anyway) that same occasion.
                    Last edited by Redman; 04-02-2021, 02:00 PM. Reason: pic BBcode

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

" the snow is just beautiful" the road's very bumpy", "loose gravel"," frost heaves"..."can't see anything..."
                      haha what an enthusiast, Jedz. Gotta say that Honda really hits an old man's funnybone. Looks like a riot! "Wheelie potential kind of a negative..." oh gee, it's off my list,then. Funny!

Comment

HAHA Glad you guys got a kick out of it! I have a new, more solid mount coming for the GoPro. It was fun to get out!
                        Thanks for following along!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Rode my RF today for the first time since last August....... Deadbeat Dad, me.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            I tried the 5s once on my bmw but have since gone back to the 4s... I ride in the rain a lot and noticed no difference... and the 5s only lasted about 6,000 miles while the 4s I get 10,000 miles out of
                            interested in your thoughts on the 5s mileage
                            Well, so far the FJR's Road 5's have 5,560 miles on them. Tread depth before getting to the wear bars is still 3mm rear and 1.8mm front. Any idea what the tread depth is new? Forgot to measure and I'd like to estimate how many miles are left in them.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                              Rode my RF today for the first time since last August....... Deadbeat Dad, me.

What a pretty bike, Dave. Bravo
                              No signature

Comment

I rode into town today to meet with the first clients from our houses getting their covid shots today...had lunch with my wife overlooking the ocean on Dallas Rd and then took the long way home.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X