No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hayabuser;2646634]SW-MOTECH/BAGS-CONNECTION City Bag... it used to live on my B-King(s). Attaches with a ring that bolts to the gas filler surround... Katana has a plastic tank cover so no-go for magnetic bags.

Suzuki actually sells the same bag as an accessory now but has Suzuki logos embroidered on it. Tank ring is sold separately also through Suzuki.

Untitled.jpg

Funny, the Suzuki branded bag is over $100 cheaper than the SW-MOTECH version:

I know I paid well over $300 for the bag and the ring back in 2012 from A Vicious Cycle (now Twisted Throttle) in Ontario... great bag though.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info and the links Dave....mine has a metal tank....I think I may say my money and put one of my three bags on my garage shelf...lol...I'm getting carried away with this bike but I love it!
    No signature

Comment

Yesterday and today Warmest days of the year so far. Mid to upper 70s degF (instead of low-mid 50s), but I had other stuff going on.

Did get out for ride this evening.
      Headed south out of town along the lakeshore. Rode thru at a boat launch to see what was going on and to turn around to head back into north into town, maybe catch sunset at the beach in town.
      Saw a bike go on past, looked like it could have been a Tiger1050, thought maybe my son, but I didnt recognize the helmet, .... bike turned around and come back.
      Yep, Justin Redmanson (that some of you have meet).

He lives outside the next town south and was out for a quick ride. Says he had found the one little rain cloud that was on the weather radar. And was on his way home. ROde with him into Holland to check out the goings on at Holland State park beach/pier and chat for a bit. THen he headed home and I headed back north. Was after sunset when I got back into town.

>>Later
      Justins pic of us chatting at Holland State park beach parking lot.

eeschh, look at the gut on that old man....
      ah
      um
      er
      Its the jacket.
      yah, Its the jacket.
      Last edited by Redman; 04-08-2021, 05:39 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

75 miles tonight around town for my first night ride in quite awhile. Sure was a nice evening to be out

Miamisburg Mural At Night by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        sigpic
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Just an awesome day...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            Meow.

If RoboCop had a personal motorcycle, that would be it. What a COOL bike.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Yesterday and today Warmest days of the year so far. Mid to upper 70s degF (instead of low-mid 50s), but I had other stuff going on.

Did get out for ride this evening.
              Headed south out of town along the lakeshore. Rode thru at a boat launch to see what was going on and to turn around to head back into north into town, maybe catch sunset at the beach in town.
              Saw a bike go on past, looked like it could have been a Tiger1050, thought maybe my son, but I didnt recognize the helmet, .... bike turned around and come back.
              Yep, Justin Redmanson (that some of you have meet).

He lives outside the next town south and was out for a quick ride. Says he had found the one little rain cloud that was on the weather radar. And was on his way home. ROde with him into Holland to check out the goings on at Holland State park beach/pier and chat for a bit. THen he headed home and I headed back north. Was after sunset when I got back into town.

>>Later
              Justins pic of us chatting at Holland State park beach parking lot.

eeschh, look at the gut on that old man....
              ah
              um
              er
              Its the jacket.
              yah, Its the jacket.
              You look very slim there, Redman...at least the jacket doesn't stick out like you have a pouch!

Your legs need to fill out those pants/trousers! lol

Not being critical...I wear Levi's 550s and they tend to be more straight-leg.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

My son bought my one brother's 650M Katana and I helped him to get all the paperwork done to transfer it into his name. The major part of the process was that the fairing with it's support bracket that clamps around the steering neck, had to be removed so that the authorities could see the VIN number stamped on the steering neck.

When the new bike was originally registered in 1981, the VIN number was never recorded on the registration certificate, and present-day rules mandated that the number be recorded upon transfer of ownership.

The whole process having been successfully completed, I returned the Katana to him yesterday in a 150 km round trip, picking up my 1000G (that I bought from my oldest brother) that my son had been using in the meantime.

This view is in the area just outside Stellenbosch, an area with many wine farms.

1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Hmmmm. Looks like you were going the same way both times, not there and back. .
                  Great shots. Your 850 is (still) a beautiful machine.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Caught another sunrise on my ride in...

Just another day of commuting to work. Winter sucks but damn I love living here in Vermont.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Hmmmm. Looks like you were going the same way both times, not there and back. .
                      Great shots. Your 850 is (still) a beautiful machine.
                      Thanks Glen, the 850 is special to me as well! That road is a dual carriageway with 2 lanes in each direction at slightly different elevations, so I took an off-ramp and turned back to get the pic of 1000G at the same spot.
                      1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Yesterday me and a buddy did a 300km loop to Port Renfrew for lunch.

No signature

Comment

Nice looking R bike! is that a 1200RS?
                          FYI I just bought my first BMW, a fixer upper R1100R from a good friend.
                          Looked like a good day Trevor!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Nice looking R bike! is that a 1200RS?
                            FYI I just bought my first BMW, a fixer upper R1100R from a good friend.
                            Looked like a good day Trevor!
                            Lol...good for you my friend! It's an 1100...very cool bike!
                            No signature

Comment

About 10 cm. of snow last night. razzin frazzin.....
                              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                              82 gs1100L probably the next project
                              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                . . . .
                                FYI I just bought my first BMW, a fixer upper R1100R .....
                                Uhh Ohhhh .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X