No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metric bikes = metric measurements right? Nah, I just like metric better than SAE measures haha.

But I bet you'd be a fellow to ask about good wet weather gear, eh?
    1982 GS 450L aka Lil' Red
    1980 GS 1000G aka Big Red (Resto-mod WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      80km? Are you Canadian?
      Originally posted by free99 View Post
      You could also ask him about cold weather gear, since his idea of cold weather will be about the same as yours, 55degF
      ...... . . . . er, um, 13degC

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Metric bikes = metric measurements right? Nah, I just like metric better than SAE measures haha.

Wet weather gear? Them Garage Queens never see rain. ��

Just kidding, I know Trevor has ridden in the rain several times. But you'd never guess it as clean as his motorcycles are. ��
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ah, that ol' wind-chill! How cold was I?...factor in time too because it's cumulative...the longer the ride, the colder you get. Also, wet fabric or leather might chill per evaporation. Impermeable "rubber-coated" gear might be warmer than suits that have separate internal liners.
          motorcycleWindchillChart-Fahtenheit.jpg

Comment

I finished sorting the birds nest of wires in the headlight bucket after removing the windjammer, then took the GS out yesterday.

20210123_121233 by Roger, on Flickr

Looking for inspiration for a new weekly pic game theme, I went to the old train station downtown. Couldn't come up with a theme from it, but I really liked the pic.

20210123_124723 by Roger, on Flickr

Later in the day, my son came over and we both set out for an evening ride. He ran out of gas on the interstate, or rather didn't switch to reserve in time. This scared the crap out of both of us. Over the Sena intercom I heard him say, I'm losing power....Uh oh,, it's dead! Being in the left lane here in town on I-40, he barely made it to the right shoulder. I was about a quarter of a mile ahead of him before I pulled over too. He pushed and coasted to where I was and we struggled to get th eengine started again. Fortunately we were close to the next exit and a gas station was right there. Rather than sit and fart around on the side of a busy interstate, we rolled to the gas station and pumped a little over 4 gallons into the tank. After the carbs were primed with gas it came back to life! Now he knows about the reserve feature.

Here are the lights of Albuquerque as seen from the West side of town.

20210123_180936 by Roger, on Flickr
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well yes, I have a fair amount of experience riding in the rain...lol...I go with Klim gear....It's not cheap but like anything else in theis world. if it's good it's going to cost you.
              My best wet weather equipment is my Klim Overgloves. Light weight waterproof (and I mean waterproof!) two finger gloves that instantly make any glove you are wearing water proof. I keep them in my tank bag as the toll up small. Also not cheap at just over $200....best money I ever spent.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                Wet weather gear? Them Garage Queens never see rain. 😉

Just kidding, I know Trevor has ridden in the rain several times. But you'd never guess it as clean as his motorcycles are. 👍
                Lol...that's why I bought the BMW...I call it my rain bike.
                No signature

Comment

Very nice pictures, Roger. Thanks for sharing!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yeah Roger, love seeing the remnants of Santa Fe. Old railroads are pretty cool!

Thanks for the tips trevor, I'll check out klim.

Did a bit of riding in the rain tonight, I gotta say that I really love California:

1982 GS 450L aka Lil' Red
                    1980 GS 1000G aka Big Red (Resto-mod WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                      Very nice pictures, Roger. Thanks for sharing!

Ed****
                      My pleasure.

Yeah Roger, love seeing the remnants of Santa Fe. Old railroads are pretty cool!..........................
                      Those buildings are called the railyards. They've bee shooting movies there and holding a local market thing on weekends. It looks like it should be condemned, but is actually very useful the way it is.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Managed to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon. Those mountains were blanketed in snow yesterday. I hoped to get a pic before it all melted. Will try again next time it snows.

Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

^^

Wonderful view, Roger. And your bike looks great too!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

15 mph speed limit? Downhill?
                            They should just put a cash register on the other side of that sign.

Lovely picture, Roger.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              ....... . .. . looks like it should be condemned, . . . . . . .
                              THAT could be a theme.

Great pics Roger.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ha, good point Dave. I was overthinking the theme idea this weekend. Plus, I tried my best not to pick a tag type idea, but then again even those can be fun too. Light faded fast and the GS was in a shadow. Before editing the bike was very dark.

The entrance to that community, or village of Corrales, had a sign on the main highway that read "Drive slow, see our village. Drive fast, see our judge!" So, yeah, a cash register located at the bottom of the hill isn't far from truth. Troopers carry mobile card readers and accept PayPal now though. kidding
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X